Sign in to follow this  
ark

Switching Between FSX and FSX-SE

I have a dual FSX/FSX-SE installation in Win7. When I start the Scenery Fixer with a desktop shortcut it is in FSX mode. If I then uninstall the libraries and switch to FSX-SE at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX the libraries are automatically installed, and I exit the Scenery Fixer. However, if I then immediately restart the Scenery fixer it is back in FSX mode with a warning the libraries are uninstalled. I would have expected it to still be in FSX-SE mode.

Is this behavior normal?

After switching to the FSX-SE mode and exiting the Fixer as described above, it is really still in the FSX-SE mode I need if using FSX-SE?

Thx,

Al

The fixer controller is a controller no more, if the libraries are installed into a system than the fixer is active.

The controller defaults to the first system to control which in your case is fsx.

You can switch it to the second system (fsx se) to control it instead.

The library installation/ uninstallation applies to the selected system as does AA setting and the effects settings

All the fixer settings from the buttons at the bottom legacy, water, clouds etc apply to both systems assuming that the libraries are installed

So I install Iibraries to fsx, set the AA that I want, switch to control fsxse, install libraries into it and then set the AA that I want. Then I set the settings in the controller that I want doesn't matter which system is beng controlled.

Then I just fly in fsx or fsxse.

Steve,

Just to make sure I understand....

Once I have installed libraries into FSX , set the AA I want, and the values under the different tabs like clouds, etc, I can then switch to FSX-SE and install libraries and AA, then no more switching is required -- just pick the sim I want and fly. So the switching the Fixer between sims is essentially just a one time setup procedure....

Except, if I then were to add scenery or an a/c to one of the sims, I would need to switch to that sim so the Fixer will detect the need to scan effects.

And BTW, as I recall you have to uninstall the libraries before switching the Fixer between sims.

Have I got  it right?

Thx very much,

Al

All except the last point which contradicts what you have written above it.

When you have enabled dual system mode there is no need to uninstall from the first system to install into the second.

Prior to the version of the fixer that supported dual systems (or the current version in single system mode ) then yes you would have needed to uninstall from fsx to install into fsx se as it only supported one system - I think that you have a memory of this which is confusing you slightly?

Prior to the version of the fixer that supported dual systems (or the current version in single system mode ) then yes you would have needed to uninstall from fsx to install into fsx se as it only supported one system - I think that you have a memory of this which is confusing you slightly?

Steve,

At my age, having memory of anything is good!

Thanks very much for the help.

Al