Sign in to follow this  
rayp

HID Button Assignment Problem

Where does LINDA obtain the button assignments for the attached HIDs when it is started. 

I have six Leo Bodnar cards in my setup.  When LINDA is started two of the cards and button assignments always appear correctly.  The same two pairs of the remaining four always start with the button assignments appearing for the wrong one of each pair.  That is, if we call these four cards in question A,B,C,D the the button assignment for card A is always attached to card B with B's buttons attached to card A.  Similarly for cards C and D. 

The config-hid files for both linda/aircraft and linda-cfg/aircraft show the correct assignments with all the correct serial numbers and LINDA ID numbers for all six cards. Also the Joystick setup shows all the correcr numbers for each card.  I am using the latest LINDA version 2.8.3 which was upgraded from version 1.1.3. Thanks for any help available

Where does LINDA obtain the button assignments for the attached HIDs when it is started. 

I have six Leo Bodnar cards in my setup.  When LINDA is started two of the cards and button assignments always appear correctly.  The same two pairs of the remaining four always start with the button assignments appearing for the wrong one of each pair.  That is, if we call these four cards in question A,B,C,D the the button assignment for card A is always attached to card B with B's buttons attached to card A.  Similarly for cards C and D. 

The config-hid files for both linda/aircraft and linda-cfg/aircraft show the correct assignments with all the correct serial numbers and LINDA ID numbers for all six cards. Also the Joystick setup shows all the correcr numbers for each card.  I am using the latest LINDA version 2.8.3 which was upgraded from version 1.1.3. Thanks for any help available

Hi ray

With LINDA 2.8.3 each device/card is detected from Windows and identified by the VID/PID and the Serial Number (if present). The serial numbers were added specifically for the Leo Bodnar USB cards. In addition each device is given a unique ID suffix 0-9. The BID/PID/UID is used when there is no serial number.

Recognised devices are recorded in \modules\linda-cfg\system\config-hid.lua. The assignments made for each aircraft are stored in \modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\{your aircraft}.

As you appear to have this configured correctly your USB cards should be picked up and the correct assignments applied for the buttons on each.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thank you for your quick reply and understand what should happen but it has not answered my problem about where these corrupted files come or came from.  I have looked at the config-hid files again and have made the following observations

I can confirm that the config.hid file in linda-cfg\system does contain the Bodnar card's serial number at line J[4][8]. I can also confirm that every time LINDA is started, another config-hid file is generated with a date/time added to the file name such as "config-hid-1607252047.lua" and I now have 24 of these in that folder as well as the normal config-hid file which is always the same as the last date time file

If you look at the config-hid file in linda-cfg\aircrafts\{my aircraft} the serial number ofthe Bodnar card does not appear to be shown. Below is the first five lines of a card showing the start of the assignment list.

-- ## 6F B39442 BBI-32 ## (1DD211400) ## {NoSerNum} ############

JSTK["1DD211400"][1]="FSX:_ZOOM_IN:0"
JSTK["1DD211400"][2]="FSX:_ZOOM_OUT:0"
JSTK["1DD211400"][3]="Panel_Light_Dome_On"

The serial niumber is shown but only because I have included it in the name of the card for my reference purposes.

Does this missing serial number have any effect on my problem and why do I have multiple config-hid files being formed in both \system and \aircraft sections of lind-cfg.

Thank you for your quick reply and understand what should happen but it has not answered my problem about where these corrupted files come or came from. I have looked at the config-hid files again and have made the following observations

I can confirm that the config.hid file in linda-cfg\system does contain the Bodnar card's serial number at line J[4][8]. I can also confirm that every time LINDA is started, another config-hid file is generated with a date/time added to the file name such as "config-hid-1607252047.lua" and I now have 24 of these in that folder as well as the normal config-hid file which is always the same as the last date time file

If you look at the config-hid file in linda-cfg\aircrafts\{my aircraft} the serial number ofthe Bodnar card does not appear to be shown. Below is the first five lines of a card showing the start of the assignment list.

-- ## 6F B39442 BBI-32 ## (1DD211400) ## {NoSerNum} ############

JSTK["1DD211400"][1]="FSX:_ZOOM_IN:0"

JSTK["1DD211400"][2]="FSX:_ZOOM_OUT:0"

JSTK["1DD211400"][3]="Panel_Light_Dome_On"

The serial niumber is shown but only because I have included it in the name of the card for my reference purposes.

Does this missing serial number have any effect on my problem and why do I have multiple config-hid files being formed in both \system and \aircraft sections of lind-cfg.

Your assumption is correct. The serial number needs to be recorded in both the system\config-hid.lua and system\aircrsfts\{your aircraft\config-hid.lua files. LINDA needs to be able to match the 2 to provide your with a repeatable solution. The datetime stamped copies of the files are just backups and can be ignored unless you need to restore any settings.

What you need to do it edit each any assignment for any device and save it. This will write the serial numbers to the aircrafts config-hid.lua file. Alternatively you can manually edit each and match then up to your required configuration. Replace the NoSerNum with the correct serial number. Keep the curly brackets. You can see the serial number information under the Joysticks setup page.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew