Sign in to follow this  
Wolf737

Both engines fail randomly (Prepar3D/737NGX)

Hello,

I continue to have issues with Prepar3D and PMDG 737NGX.  Had such high hopes for this over FSX, but no difference in my opinion for reliability.  

The biggest annoying problem is a that both engines fail together randomly at different times during a flight.  Usually, they fail on the takeoff roll or climbout.  I can get them restarted by quickly bringing both thrust levers to close and then advance them to full throttle again.  The failures happen both with autothrottles engaged or with them not engaged. 

Any thoughts?

Another issue is a common FSX issue where after ending a flight scenario, I must completely exit the Prepar3D sim and restart the program or it crashes.  This happens even with loading a default sim aircraft first.

I have FSX steam on the same hardrive.  Any thoughts that this is causing any issues?

Thanks,

Dane Rice

Prepare3D

ezdok

track IR5

orbx

The biggest annoying problem is a that both engines fail together randomly at different times during a flight.  Usually, they fail on the takeoff roll or climbout.  I can get them restarted by quickly bringing both thrust levers to close and then advance them to full throttle again.  The failures happen both with autothrottles engaged or with them not engaged. 

Any thoughts?

Hi,

By failing I understand they don't stop but go back to idle, correct?

What hardware do you use for the control of the engines?

When A/T is engaged, in which mode does the engines "fail", hold only or all modes? And how have you configured the override option for the throttles in your FMS?

My first guess would be some spikes or interferences with your hardware, especially if the fix it to bring back and forth your throttles.

You can try a flight with your harware disconnected to see if it really comes from your hardware.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

My first guess would be some spikes or interferences with your hardware, especially if the fix it to bring back and forth your throttles.

+1

I had this same problem and the cause was some spikes on my CH Throttle quadrant axis.

Any thoughts that this is causing any issues?

Do you have axes assigned through FSUIPC? Is it the current version for P3D?

Do you have a mixture axis assigned in - either - P3D or FSUIPC?

Kyle Rodgers

+1

I had this same problem and the cause was some spikes on my CH Throttle quadrant axis.

Ok.  Well, I'm also using the CH products Throttle quadrant.  Were you able to fix this issue?  Please tell me what your solution was.  I do not use FSUIPC.

Thank you.

Dane Rice