Sign in to follow this  
leassus

Stuck on repeat mode

since I'm a beginner with talking to atc it takes me longer to reply to the atc delivery and it started to repeat itself making radar contact 4.3 program not responding and it keeps repeating it self even when I try to acknowledge it with button 7 it does not work spamming that key doesn't work either anything I can do about this ?

First check that your key assignments are correct by looking at the keyboard table in RC. Next check just running RC with a simple default aircraft and FS with no other add-on running to see if there is a key assignment conflict. "Spamming" a key to RC could get things out of order.

What I do during clearance delivery is have a piece of notepaper handy ready to jot down just the numbers such as altitude and in abbreviated fashion first waypoint or vector, speed, etc., and then acknowledge. Remember that with the pilot wav option on you will hear the pilot read back the clearance to ATC. Do not use co-pilot auto-reply/comms In RC until you are proficient. it is important to acknowledge in order each instruction. Waiting too long can cause RC to hang. Also be sure you are not holding down any key too long so that it is not repeated (a setting in your PC).

the only hanging from what ive noticed is at clearance delivery readback if i take to long at other readbacks it doesnt make the program unresponsive and keep repeating its only with clearance delivery and when it has to wait for 2 long well i aint that fast yet with writing everything down what he says >.< and read it back when i do end my first readback it just starts to be in repeat mode and i have to force exit the program restart it and do it all over and ending with same problem again

Does this happen with any flight plan? Does it happen with any of the tutorial flights? What flight planner are you using.

What version of Windows, FS, are you using.

Paste your flight plan into a reply here.

To force RC to Quit, alt-tab until the RC window opens. If RC is running, the Start button now is labeled Quit. Do this if you wish to create a log to end in for analysis. Using the task manager to force RC to quit will not save a log to send in.

To create a log to send in, load up RC with your aircraft loaded in FS. Click the Debug button. Load your plan. Go through the procedures until you encounter the delivery problem. When the delivery looping begins, wait a couple of cycles, then alt-tab to get to the full RC screen and then press the Quit button. (This is the only way to stop RC and save a log.) You can then stop FS.

Go into your your rc folder, Right click on rcv4.log and check that its modified date-time is current. Rename your rcv4.log file to something else so it does not get over written.Zip it up and send it as an attachment to an e-mail explaining the problem to jd@jdtllc.com. jd can then analyze what is going on and perhaps find a solution.

See the if you need help topic for other contacts.

Be sure you have run the current makerwys.exe from;

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

which is used in the scenery rebuild function. Also be sure you are using the current fsuipc.exe from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

problem still exist with the tutorial flights well I guess I have to force it to try to complete the delivery msg I got that done once since while he is in repeat mode basicly the program wont respond and I cant stop it to make a log file but I guess making log file and send it to the email is my best option

You enable the debug log before you hit the Start button in RC. After the problem occurs use the alt-tab method to bring up the full RC window and press the  Quit button. You now can shut down FS and follow the instructions I gave about sending it in.

yeah done that now many thanks also another question is there a way to change how fast the atc controller is waiting for a reply I notice a lot of times when handed over to another center like for example northwest003 contact Chicago center on 132.8 and before I have tuned it in and replied hes like already repeating his msg kinda gets annoying after 2 times of switching freqs and ofc I have set it to both so I can easy switch second time but still if I say something wrong and its not picked up I can basicly do it again would like to see a 5 to 10 sec more delay on it before its repeating itself but I guess its hardcoded and not changeable

Since you are doing everything your self, have RC set to auto-tune your com radios. Then for that function you can use the combination ack and contact, forgot the menu key at the moment,

sure that would work but for me thats a nono i have a saitek radio panel and using mce with it just to experience the most realistic way with exeption of vatsim / pilotedge i guess its just how it is and just dont have to make a big deal out of it