Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Image not showing in Sig but within rules

Hi,

The maximum size for images in a signature is 500 x 125 pixels. I'm trying to add an image which is 468 x 80 but it's not being shown. If I use a smaller image of 400 x 68 that is displayed.

Why won't my larger image show when it's within the rules? It's a php file showing current weather at my location but can't see that being an issue.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

I can see it no problem.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Neil,

That's because I'm using the smaller php file. The larger one simply won't display in my signature edit screen.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim. I find that strange because I have two images and all I did was edit the name of the php file to the one I wanted to use. I didn't touch the rest of the code.

Anyway, problem solved, thank you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Agghh! It's not working. Jim, could you edit my sig and experiment with the filename please.

banner2.php will show my sig but banner.php won't. The only difference is size. banner.php is larger but within AvSim's limits. For now I've switched to banner2.php to make it visible.

Here's the one I'm trying to embed... http://www.cheadlehulmeweather.co.uk/banner.php

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

I went in the Cheadle Weather forums (at the link you provided) and copied your image in one of the forums and then pasted it here.  It's the upper one.  Is that okay?  If so, then you can remove the bottom one.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you Jim. It's fine now so I don't know why it worked for but not for me.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I just right clicked over the image in one of your forum posts at the weather site, saved the link to the image, and then came here and pasted the link into the Image icon in the menu.  I like this one as it is slightly larger and provides some good information.  I liked "Dave's" image (you responded to one of his posts) as he had used some scenery in the image.  I don't really watch the sizes and the pixels anymore as the images are all linked and no longer uploaded to our site.  I only get concerned if the images are too large and take up a huge amount of signature space.  We still have some people who have slow Internet connections and loading of images, even from links to other sites can take some time to load if there are many on a page.  Technology is changing rapidly and I'm doing all I can to try to stay on top of it but it ain't easy....

Glad I was able to help you!

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim. The problem is I still can't see my php image on my W7 laptop but it's visible via Safari on my iPad. It might be something to do with ad blocking. I'll check.

LATER... Yes, it is ad-blocker that was the problem. Now disabled.

Technological improvements seem to be accelerating. Whether that's a good thing or not I'll leave for you to decide. providing they don't cost me too much I don't mind at all.

Glad to see you're still on top of things!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

LATER... Yes, it is ad-blocker that was the problem. Now disabled.

Seemed like a simple solution but who would have known.  Those ad blockers are nice but they mess up other things (maybe on purpose so you won't use an ad-blocker).

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

It was odd because when I was making the change in my sig it wouldn't show the larger image even then. Just one letter omitted in the php filename was enough to block it.

Had it not been for my iPad it might have taken a lot longer to work out what the problem was! I'm happy to allow ads for AvSim but some newspaper sites can be a nightmare.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather