I have just purchased a Thrustmaster T Flight Hotas X, but I have not got a clue how I am supposed to change the button assignments. They are pre-programmed, and trying to change them in P3D controller settings does not work. In addition, my rudder is hard over to the right, and I do not know how to correct it. Can someone help?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,

You may need to install fsuipc again after installing the joystick. There's a button with a red led on the joystick side on the base that needs to be switched. 

I used the default windows joystick calibration to set the buttons.

I had it working fine with P3D v2.5, Aerosoft Airbus series. Sorry I can't be of more help I'm at work at the mo. 

The rudder problem may have been because I had my Logitech G27 wheel attached at the same time. Disconnecting this and trying again seemed to eliminate the issue.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I seem to have resolved the issue. It looks like I can't have my Logitech G27 wheel and the Thrustmaster T Flight Hotas X joystick active at the same time, otherwise one of them does not work properly (or at all). I do not need to use them both at the same time, so it is a non issue. In addition, it looks like activating the "Preset" button (switching on the green light) has enabled me to configure the buttons for my own requirements, so now I have everything set up for my first "Thrustmaster flight" :smile:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well, I have to say that I am somewhat disappointed with this joystick, although I really shouldn't be surprised considering the price of only £32.99. I was hoping that the throttle controller would be much more sensitive than it is, but it is not even close to the CH Flightstick Pro's throttle wheel in this department. The sensitivity of the joystick itself (and also the hat switch) is also noticeably inferior to the CH Flightstick Pro. I think I am starting to understand why the CH product sells for £90. The Thrustmaster T Flight Hotas X is a good product for more general flight simulation use (combat sims in particular), but I need precise throttle and aileron control, and the CH Flightstick Pro gives me that with room to spare.

You may be asking yourselves why I wanted another joystick at all? Well, the one problem that I have with the CH Flightstick Pro is that the throttle wheel "sticks" a little bit now and again, and I have to "loosen it up" (in effect, move it back and forth rapidly, and from side to side). It can be annoying when I require very precise control (eg. taxiing on the ground, or making very fine adjustments when on final approach). If anyone knows a solution to this "sticking", then please let me know. I have no idea if it can be lubricated or not...

So, I have a Thrustmaster T Flight Hotas X joystick for sale. Brand new, used once, and now back in its original polystyrene packaging and cardboard box. I may just take it to the Cosford 2016 Flightsim Show in October, so if anyone is interested, and would like to pick it up from there......let me know!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Is there a sensitivity adjust in P3D like there is in FSX:SE? If so, did you try tinkering with the settings?

I only have FSX:SE and I find the HOTAS X gets the job done for me, and I haven't even messed with the sensitivity settings...yet.

Different software, different opinions, but just curious.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)