Sign in to follow this  
Guest Adeym

747-400 The Queen of The Skies movie by the Arkitekt

Guest Adeym

Yep, just walk back to the wing and turn left or right and woohoo!Enjoy :)

Man, you've nailed it.Well done, I loved the sound track as mush as the visuals.I can see this wasn't " thrown" together in five minutes.Tell me please, how long does something like this take?CM,Sydney, Australia.

You can't do this with AC as the wings aren't included in the internal model. Furthermore it is also my understanding that you can't use AC for wingviews with the external model in the way you can with W&F. The developer of AC was supposed to be releasing an update to AC to provide functionality similar to W&F, but it seems this has fallen into the too hard basket. Unfortunately the PMDG developers are also showing no interest in adding wingviews despite many posts on this issue in the PMDG forum. So W&F seems to be only option for wingviews with the PMDG 747 - a pity bceause problems keeping popping up with that addon, the latest being hassles with RXP Garmins.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest Knikolaes

>You can't do this with AC as the wings aren't included in the>internal model. Furthermore it is also my understanding that>you can't use AC for wingviews with the external model in the>way you can with W&F. The developer of AC was supposed to be>releasing an update to AC to provide functionality similar to>W&F, but it seems this has fallen into the too hard basket. >Unfortunately the PMDG developers are also showing no interest>in adding wingviews despite many posts on this issue in the>PMDG forum. So W&F seems to be only option for wingviews with>the PMDG 747 - a pity bceause problems keeping popping up with>that addon, the latest being hassles with RXP Garmins.>>BrucebWith . . .Wingview? And by "AC" I assume we are speaking of Active Camera?If that is the case, wing views are aircraft dependent, not having anything to do with Active Camera. Whenevr an aircraft has the wings modeled on (like POSKY's) you can walk right back just like the poster stated and just turn the camera to look at the wings.Now this other program maybe adding on wingviews is another story, but if an aircraft ha the wings modeled, then any camera program can see em.As for PMDG, folks have already modeled 2-D "views" that make "wings" . . it will probably not be long at all before someone makes one for the 747. Basically all it does it replace the 2D "RIGHT" and "LEFT" views.

The problem is that the wings aren't modelled so unlike most addons including PMDG's own 737NG there are no wings to be seen from inside the aircraft so Active Camera is no help. The developers maintain that this was necessary in order to preserve FPSs. However, this decision evoked considerable controversy on the PMDG forum as some folks including me would have liked to have had the chance to trade off other features in order to have wingviews. I understand that Walk & Follow rather cleverly enables you to manipulate the external model in spot view to achieve wing views with the PMDG 747 but that it is not possible to do this with Active Camera. No sign of any other way to have wingviews with the PMDG 747 which is a pity because, as you can see from this excellent video, a lot of work has gone into modelling the workings of the wing.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest Knikolaes

Ah okay. See I havn't much experience in that area so I didnt know. Most of my admiring of wingviews come from videos like this. When I am in the sim myself, usually I am so busy in the cockpit that I hardly have time to enjoy the passenger side of life LOL.These videos are bloody awesome, though. Very good stuff. I am going to be spending Thanksgiving Break from college enjoying them and showing my friends what Flight Simulation is like (I have a few friends that ask, but it is so hard to put into words and these are internet buddies, so they cant just coem over and see my at-home simulator I am building).

Guest Adeym

Thanks for all the coments guys!A video like this will take 2-3 days to complete or as long as it takes so that I am happy with the results. The longest part of the process is getting the shots I wants... the editing is second nature to me!There is a small FAQ on my site to how my FS2004 videos are made...http://www.arkitekt.moonfruit.com:)