Sign in to follow this  
geolpilot

FSUIPC Unhandled Exception using Sim Weather if no weather for airport

Hi Dave

Using 2.0.1.5 with P3DV3.3.

If an airport is not in the Sim database (wxstationlist.bin I assume?) then if ever Pilot2atc needs weather info, an unhandled exception error like below is generated.

************** Exception Text **************
FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #11: FSUIPC_ERR_TIMEOUT. Weather station FASZ is currently unavailable or is invalid.
   at FSUIPC.WeatherServices.GetWeatherAtLocation(FsWeatherHeader header)
   at FSUIPC.WeatherServices.GetWeatherAtLocation(String ICAO)
   at P2AWeather.SIMWeather.GetSimWeather(String ICAOCode)
   at P2AWeather.XPWeather.GetWeather(String ICAO)
   at P2A_Controls.ucMapInfo.DisplayWeather(Airport tApt)
   at Pilot2ATC_200.ucMap.a()
   at Pilot2ATC_200.ucMap.c(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The above error was generated when preparing the flightplan, with weather set in config to use sim weather, and clicking the weather button for FASZ (not a metar reporting field). If I reload Pilot2Atc, and use the inbuilt NOAA weather, I can click on weather for FASZ, and it just says "No Weather" (no exception error thrown).

Other times have had this in flight, as whenever Pilot2atc needs weather info (like determining RW for approach / landing, or asking for altimeter setting), and flying into a non-METAR reporting field, I get the same crash (only if using Sim weather, default Pilot2atc weather works fine).

Pilot2atc carries on running if I click continue on the error screen, but speech engine is dead, and I cannot seem to get any responses using "Sayit" either. So both times I have flown into such fields, that has been the end of using Pilot2atc.

Can you trap for this exception please, so Sim weather behaves just as the Pilot2atc default weather does? I realise right now it is probably too much work to read the weather files that add-ons like AS16 generate with interpolated weather at non-reporting stations (so many addons, so many formats!), but this may ultimately be the only way to handle sim weather completely.

Thank for the many improvements you continue to make so regularly. Pilot2atc is really shaping up nicely now.

Regards

Rob

Robin Harris

Hi Dave,

the same situation while using OPUS weather engine. Flew two times LOWW-EDDT (300 NM trip). One time the inside OPUS reported EDDT metar was the whole flight not available for P2A via FSUIPC. But the other time P2A was able to read out the destination metar in a ~90 NM distance to final. On this flight STAR/APPR assignment worked well. On the other flight I've got the stepwise descent but had to flight straight to the field without STAR, ILS APPR or Vectors to final and without handover to TWR nor assigned runway.

Thinking about two possibilities ... could it really be a "FSUIPC timeout problem"?

Or is it possible that OPUS generally set up the weather only for the current range of view and as long you didn't reach that range to the destination there are no weather data available inside sim?

Regards,

Helge

Helge,

I don't know how OPUS works, but I assume you are correct that it operates only within a certain distance of the aircraft.

However, the flight where you got no STAR/APPR assignment or destination weather sounds like there may be a bug.  If the SIM weather is not available, P2A is supposed to default to using real weather.  I'll look into it.

Regards,

Dave