Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildfire563

Washington DC downtown Scenery?

Anybody know of any good downtown city scenery for DC?Also Baltimore city as well?I have searched the forums and AVSIM library but have not come across any.Thanks for any pointers.....Glenn

Well due out next week is MegaScenery's DC area. It includes mega city's for DC and Baltimore.http://www.megascenery.com/vol5-us.htmAlso of note (and it's freeware) is Matthew Perry and Joshua Broadwater's KBWI airport. Found here on Avsim.XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

Guest jgreth123
http://www.flightscenery.com/sceneries.htmFlightZone06 ( albeit a long way away ): Washington DC is on the board.If you know anything about Flight Scenery, they have THE best scenery I've ever seen.Easily as good, if not better, than FlyTampa ( because FlyTampa just does 1 airport [ granted, FlyTampa has animations ], where as FlightScenery does quite a few). Flightzone01: Rhode Island does 3 airports... down to the exact crack in the asphalt.Check it out, it will blow you away.

I have the freeware KBWI, it's excellent.....Is Megascenery photo textures?Thanks for the heads-up on Flightzone. I had seen the Rhode Island edition but did not know they were planning Washington.Thanks again,Glenn

Guest wildfire563

There was also a post at the Ultimate Scenery forum at Flight1 where somebody said they were working on a release to fix up the capitol buildings and monuments etc.Thomas

Guest Knikolaes

>I have the freeware KBWI, it's excellent.....>>Is Megascenery photo textures?>>Thanks for the heads-up on Flightzone. I had seen the Rhode>Island edition but did not know they were planning>Washington.>>Thanks again,>>Glenn Yes they are. And they IMPROVE framerates. My framerates on my computer actually go UP when flying over Megascenery areas. I dont know why, but it does.http://megascenery.com

Bear made some for use with the Lago FSEnhancer. I don't remember if he made it public or not.Don

Guest Mernya

Oversimplified, they increase framerates because there is no pre-calculation when the frames are drawn to pick a suitable terrain type. That graphic corresponds to that coordinate, period.Of course, that comes at the expense at a longer load time before the flight.Regardless, I can't wait. I just took my second discovery flight this week out of Tipton (KFME) and would really like a VFR package to help in my navigation training.

Guest Knikolaes

Grats on the discovery flight. Flying is certainly an addiction for those who get exposure to it.I think the Megascenery will be SO well worth it for that area as it is just about to be released and -- if it is as good as my other megasceneries - will be an AWESOME package.My ONLY wish from Megascenery was that they didnt place KDEN at the edge of their MegaCity Denver scenery -- makes landing there look really wierd.