Sign in to follow this  
godfather

Saitek X 56 M1 M2 M3 not working

Hello everyone,

got myself an X56 which has provides a mode switch. When I switch through the modes Linda does not recognize it. Only when I am in the programming mode of the Saitek software and switch through the modes Linda receives the input.

Any advice on what to do?

BR

g

Hello everyone,

got myself an X56 which has provides a mode switch. When I switch through the modes Linda does not recognize it. Only when I am in the programming mode of the Saitek software and switch through the modes Linda receives the input.

Any advice on what to do?

BR

g

I am not familiar with the new X56 or the way the Saitek software works.  When you move the mode switch does it show up in the LINDA Joystick button page as with other buttons/switches?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Scottflieger,

the buttons were listed but nothing happened when I moved the selector.

Anyway, today I

1. reinstalled the drivers

2. deleted the programming software and

3. installed the plugin for FSX

One of these three must have done the trick, because now it is working.

Now Injust have to wait for a module for FSL A320... or learn how to do it by myself.

On 9/4/2016 at 3:02 PM, godfather said:

Hi Scottflieger,

the buttons were listed but nothing happened when I moved the selector.

Anyway, today I

1. reinstalled the drivers

2. deleted the programming software and

3. installed the plugin for FSX

One of these three must have done the trick, because now it is working.

Now Injust have to wait for a module for FSL A320... or learn how to do it by myself.

Hello,

I got the same stick but I'm not able to get it working. How did you configured it in Linda? Is it still working for you?

Thanks!

Hi, I am referring to  FSX-A, FSX-Steam and P3Dv4 in this post running on Win 10 Pro.

BASIC STEPS

For best results, make sure the latest paid version of FSUIPC and Linda are installed for your flight sim and system... ie. 64bit P3Dv4 requires FSUIPC 5...

Install only the X56 drivers - Not the Saitek programming software - not required with Linda and can cause issues.

First check to do is look in Windows Control Panel under printers and devices to ensure Windows has them covered, right click on of the X56 Icons | select Game Controller Settings | properties... check the buttons on the X56 device light up the corresponding button lights on the properties display.

Next make sure Linda is installed correctly and by the instruction book found on Linda / Avsim forums and / or read the documentation that came with Linda, happy to help if its confusing, please just ask.

Important: - I remove all button assignments in the Flight Sim Settings panel... (Options (in FSX its Settings) - Controls - Key Assignments) and save this profile. If this is not done when you assign a button in Linda that is duplicated in the Flight Sim unexpected things happen. Linda is for buttons and Keypresses. Personally I remove all the default button and keystroke assignments in the Flight Sim except P to pause the sim, B to set the barometer and D to set the heading bug..  So Gear up "G" is assigned to a button on my Joystick so is thus removed from the Flight SIm controls, no need to duplicate it... In Linda G is listed as  "Gear_Toggle_65570"  in the Set FSX Controls.

NEXT STEPS

(Linda needs to work with the Flight Sim loaded ready to fly at an airport. IMPORTANT once you have created an assignment ENSURE that the Flight Sim application is in Focus by mouse clicking on the FS screen, Flick the nav lights on / off for example before testing the button in Linda, or Linda will not appear to operate, when it would if the Flt Sim were in focus..)

1) Start the Flight Sim and Linda should open automatically, if not go to the Modules folder in P3D or FSX and double click Linda.exe, the Splash screen will open up and then Linda GUI.

Importantly on the right side of the Linda GUI you will see under Summary Set up Joysticks and Set up Linda.

2) Select Set up Linda and ensure "Start GUI with Sim" is selected. Uncheck Saitek Panels if you do not have them - Developer Mode needs to be checked to use The Linda Console - Tracer - Editor...

3) Next Select Set up Joysticks. If Windows has discovered your X56, you will see them in this window.

In the Name box for X56 Stick - you may not have a description, it may say unknown, if so type in "X56 Joy Stick" and in the Type selection select Joystick, make sure this is checked enabled.

In the Name box for X56 Throttle - you may not have a description, it may say unknown, if so type in "X56 Throttle" and in the Type selection select HOTAS. make sure this is checked enabled.

4) Click Save and go back to the Summary screen. Ensure on the right under Configuration Checklists that "Everything is OK" is shown and both of your X56 is displayed next to this Green "OK" notice.

moving down this list

5) If you are not using VRInsight ignore the red messages.

moving down this list

6) At the bottom under Flt Sim / FSUIPC Configs, Ensure "Everything is OK" is displayed under which is a list showing you Flight Sim version | FSUIPC version | FSUIPC files found

With all that done and a flight loaded with you sitting on the tarmac you will see at the top of the Linda GUI  in an orange box with *FSX Default and Sync to Sim in orange font.

Under this you will see MCP Combo - Joysticks - Settings, select joysticks and press a button on a controler - you should see that Linda selects the button with a gray highlight. At the bottom of the Joysticks screen you will see Icons representing the X56 (and any other Controllers)  named as you have named them.. Click on 1 to select it  or press a button on a controler.

click on where it says "empty" in gray next to the selected button and you will be presented with a list of modules to choose from. ie LIB: FSX DEFAULT etc... or for more functionality further down the list  you will see SET FSX CONTROL.

7) If you have any add on modules for say A2A Cherokee | Spitfire and have installed it correctly, and are sitting on the tarmac in it, the orange box will say A2A Cherokee etc and in the list after clicking "Empty" you will see the Cherokee Module where you can select buttons for your assignment.

It is recommended to set up the default aircraft first, I set up a C172 and Baron 58 to give two engines available by default, it helps alot when configuring a twin engine Mosquito for example and the default assignments can be the same for all or most aircraft..

To set up the MODE Switch

Select Mode 1 - click the empty button xx in the list go to SHIFTED MODES and select UNSHIFTED.. You will need to copy this to each shifted page so no matter what shift mode you are in M1 will always select the Unshifted page. (Unshifted - 1 - 2) displayed just above the joystick ICONS at the bottom of the window.

Likewise for Mode 2 and 3, the exact same buttons must be programmed on each shifted page.

eg. My device is configured like this for Local and Global Shift options

UNSHIFTED PAGE = MODE 1 = Button 32 = UNSHIFTED

UNSHIFTED PAGE = MODE 2 = Button 33 = SHIFTED ONE

UNSHIFTED PAGE = MODE 3 = Button 34 = SHIFTED TWO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHIFT 1 PAGE = MODE 1 = Button 32 = UNSHIFTED

SHIFT 1 PAGE = MODE 2 = Button 33 = SHIFTED ONE

SHIFT 1 PAGE = MODE 3 = Button 34 = SHIFTED TWO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHIFT 2 PAGE = MODE 1 = Button 32 = UNSHIFTED

SHIFT 2 PAGE = MODE 2 = Button 33 = SHIFTED ONE

SHIFT 2 PAGE = MODE 3 = Button 34 = SHIFTED TWO

Hope this helps, if you have followed all of this you should not have any problems..

Roger 

• Like 2