Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Linda beginners guide - a very detailed manual

Brian Cowell wrote this "LINDA beginners guide", avoiding this hated technical stuff and tried to explain all around LINDA.

Many, many thanks for this, Brian!

Click here for download

Introducing_LINDA_v1.01.pdf

x0AT0.jpg

Edited by ScotFlieger
changed linked file source
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow!

Brian, great (and huge) work!

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Many thanks for those kind words, guys. I'll be very happy if its availability helps to introduce the joys of LINDA to an even wider audience. :smile:

Cheers,

Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Brian,

Thank you for this incredible complete guide.

It will helps a lot of us.

Michel

• Upvote 1

Michel Veréb

Haha, 'don't panic'. Lets hope the Vogons read that one too. Thanks for your efforts, Brian.

Thanks for that, CoolP! (Naturally, I was wearing my dressing gown whilst writing it). :P

In fact, if I remember rightly "Don't Panic" was Günter's idea (he designed the cover, for which much thanks). :smile:

Cheers,

Brian

P.S. If there is anyone reading this who hasn't heard of the HHGTTG, don't worry about it. ^_^

P.S. If there is anyone reading this who hasn't heard of the HHGTTG, don't worry about it.

Just bring your towel! Don't ask! He%20He.gif

in your introducting to linda, page 27 show a LIB: User function plus on page 46 eng l switch under assigment show Pre-taxi routine BC_After_After_Start (in lib-user.lua) well i do i get there file and install them in linda

Sorry, blueairone70, but I can't tell what you're saying (asking?).

Based on the pages which you mention, though:—

The illustration on page 27 (note the red circles, and the mouse arrow) shows that I clicked on button 12, then from the drop-down chose "LIB: User functions", and from the list that results I am indicating the "EXAMPLE function format" which you will find in your lib-user.lua file in <fsx directory>\Modules\linda\libs That is the only function you will find there by default, the others shown (i.e. the ones beginning with my initials, such as BC_After_Engine_Start) are ones that I have added myself — see also the example on the previous page, which illustrates how to do this. Appendix 1 lists the 700 NGX-specific functions that you can utilise, whilst Appendix 3 shows the fsx actions available. Pages 24 - 28 cover all the steps which are needed. But only you can decide what functions you need, based on your hardware controls, the aircraft you fly, and the way you fly, which is why my functions would not be particularly relevant for anyone else

Appendix 2 (page 46) is simply to illustrate the benefits of carefully designing your control assignments to suit your hardware before you start writing any Lua code (see ""Designing your set of control assignments to suit your hardware", starting on page 20, which refers to Appx 2). The ENG L switch is, of course, unique to the controls illustrated; whilst the associated function name (such as NGX_GEAR_off, BC_After_Engine_Start, and the rest) is a reminder of what function is assigned when you operate that particular control..

I hope that helps,

Cheers,

Brian

thank if help a little, i'm new to linda, so the i ask i was trying to setup pmdg 737 (hotas warhog controler the way as your, but could fine the bc after start file so thank you

thank you

great work and contribution to our community

Bo Klop

My pleasure, Ian. :smile: LINDA is just great.

Good luck with the move to fsx, too — once you've got everything sorted out you're going to love it. ^_^

Cheers,

Brian

P.S. If you're looking for a great and delightfully easy-going VA whose chief pilot is a Real World 737 instructor (give Steve my kind regards if you join), check out

http://www.worldwidevirtual.net/index.php/

They also happen to be based not too far ffrom you.... :dance:

Hi Brian,

Thanks and Congratulations to useful and well done Linda Your Controls Introduction's Manual !

Warmly,

Marco Aurelio.