Sign in to follow this  
skyrider

GPWS During Go Around

Hi,

I am getting a spurious GPWS warning during go-around:

When carrying out a dual channel auto go around, I am getting an aural "Too low, gear" warning with a red PULL UP on the PFD after raising the landing gear.

This is despite carrying out the correct procedure, i.e. selecting TOGA, Flaps 15, positive rate, gear up...

Currently running P3D 3.3 in Windows 10.

Doug Boynton

Be a little more precise please, where and which approach and when during approach are you going around?

The GPWS should be inhibited during this mode of flight if you are within certain boundaries of the airport, data which is based on the DEM files in the PMDG folder NOT based on scenery you have installed.

Dan Downs KCRP

On this occasion the GA followed a Cat I ILS approach to Rwy 23R at Manchester, UK (EGCC).

The GA was commenced at the Cat I ILS DA of 449' (baro).

I do not have any third party scenery installed.

I have experienced the same issue following a GA at other UK airports, but have not posted before now as I wanted to make sure that it is a repetitive event.

Needless to say, it has gone in the tech log :wink:

Agree, good one to report to Product Support via ticket.

This has come up here on occasion, maybe six or eight months ago. I assume the missed approach procedure kept you on runway heading until a safe altitude so this shouldn't alarm.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes, the initial climb is STRAIGHT AHEAD to 750' (QNH). The GPWS occurs during this phase & clears once the gear is up & locked, i.e. no red lights.

I have just experienced the same issue following a go around from an ILS approach to Rwy 33 at Birmingham, UK (EGBB).

I have filed a support ticket via the PMDG website.