Sign in to follow this  
antic81

PMDG NGX and P3D V3.3

Hi All,

First of all let me start by putting all your minds at ease and say no, its not that question again!

A few weeks ago I saw that Hi-Fi had released their latest version of their Weather Engine, Active Sky, which I am sure most people who frequent this board are well aware!

Great I thought, I'll upgrade, love their products and it looks great as usual. When I went to go ahead and purchase it I saw that it said that it will not work with P3D V2.5...oh dear!

Ok no problem I guess I'll stick to what I have...but the seed was planted, I am sure some of you guys can relate, that little nagging voice at the back of your head that says but you don't have the latest greatest version anymore...well I, for one, am a bit of a sucker for it I'm afraid. 

So I started looking at the next version of P3D and thought oh no....not again!

Its not the price, not at all, its not the amount of Valium I will have to take, its more the time! Its the dreaded re-install of everything again!  :sad:

So finally I can get to the point of this post (I could really have gone on a lot longer) How much of a ball ache is reinstalling much beloved 737 NGX into v3.3, is it a clean download? I vaguely remember there were a few issues with the installer a few months ago? All sorted now?

I fear the big downloads of all my sceneries again, I am guessing I'll have to redownload it all again? Ie; FTX Global, and terrain mesh and ORBX Aus and England and NZ and...I think I may need some more valium!

Anyway lastly anyone who's upgraded to V3.3 from V2.5 - what are your thoughts? Worth the hassle?

Many thanks,

Anthony 

Anthony Milner

How much of a ball ache is reinstalling much beloved 737 NGX into v3.3, is it a clean download?

Uninstall via the control panel. Download a new copy to be sure you have the latest version. Install.

----------Make sure to follow the instructions in the read me file right next to the installer in the zip file----------

Enjoy.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

Cheers - sounds like its not too bad! 

Now its all about finding a spare 2 days to do it all! 

In your opinion is V3 better at handling VAS than 2.5? I know it handles loading in a more efficient way?

Many thanks again!

Anthony

Anthony Milner

P3Dv2 didn't actively handle memory, it was more like FSX in this regard. From v3 onward there are updates to the program that actually do this and work very hard when memory resources are tight to stay away from OOM errors. This, plus v3 finally shifted much workload from the CPU to the GPU. There are long lists of improvements at the LM website for P3D.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

Cheers for that! You had me at: P3Dv2 didn't actively handle memory, it was more like FSX in this regard.  Haha!

Thanks,

Anthony

Anthony Milner