Sign in to follow this  
spitfire250

Mindstar G1000 Crashing Upon Activating Approach

While activating the ILS approach from the load approach window P3D v3 repeatedly crashes.  I have an image of this happening and would love to send it to someone.  Please advise if i am doing something incorrectly as I have about 500 hours in the real plane. The version I have installed is 2.11.0019 and my P3D version is 3.3.5.17625.  My simconnect version is 3.3.0.

You really didn't provide any information.

Airport, aircraft, approach... etc.

Do you have a name?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

My name is Derek, the airport was KALB Albany, ILS Runway 01. The airplane was the standard Money Bravo.

I was able to load the ILS01 without issue at KALB.  However I did get a crash after loading it that was in the API.DLL.  Could you please check and see if you are getting the crash in the same DLL?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          9/7/2016 5:57:13 PM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      DESKTOP

Description:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.3.5.17625, time stamp: 0x5758bb31

Faulting module name: cshtpax6.ocx, version: 6.0.6030.1651, time stamp: 0x4c0d2929

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00019195

Faulting process id: 0x20d8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2095280a471ea

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\cshtpax6.ocx

Report Id: 2d46e48a-dbb8-4e75-b699-9cdc94932b49

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I am not familiar with the file cshtpax6.ocx.  Furthermore it is a 64bit file, not 32bit so it's not being used by either the sim itself OR our G1000.

I would venture a guess you're using some third party software that manipulates sim variables... ???

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I did not and do not have any third party application that is manipulating variables.  I did a fresh install of Windows 10 and all of the updates are done.  I also installed P3d fresh and only have FSUPIC and simconnect installed, along with Active Sky Next setup over the network.  I have been able to duplicate this error again.  Text is pasted in below from the Windows Event Viewer.  I believe it may have something to do with the NAV update for P3d/FSX from http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html . After installing that I found the error again, when I removed it the error does not seem to be there.  This last time I installed it it seemed to start working with the error.  I will keep messing with it when I have time, it has also crashed a few times when clicking certain buttons such as proc or fpl.  Have not been able to reproduce that error on a regular basis.

Thanks,

Derek

- <System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-09-08T10:14:00.386139100Z" />

<EventRecordID>783</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>

<Data>3.3.5.17625</Data>

<Data>5758bb31</Data>

<Data>cshtpax6.ocx</Data>

<Data>6.0.6030.1651</Data>

<Data>4c0d2929</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>00019195</Data>

<Data>2544</Data>

<Data>01d209b97c4aa82c</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\WINDOWS\System32\cshtpax6.ocx</Data>

<Data>90413e16-535e-4b48-be92-31c50a754dbb</Data>

<Data />

<Data />

</EventData>

</Event>

Is your Windows 10 32bit or 64 bit?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok... if you're seeing this only with the navaid update... then it has to be something to do with those changes.  I could not possibly offer any resolution in that regard as we don't explicitly read BGL files but only ask for information directly from the sim itself.  That would indicate that somewhere in the updated data there is an error that is crashing things out.

I have notified our development team and if they get a chance to play with this they will see what's going on.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok, thanks! I will play around with it later also. I was going to update to the latest version of real nav but I will be changing computers for this project early next year and don't want to buy the subscription twice. They said they can't change the license to another pc.

Ensure that automatic updates are set to FALSE in your G1000.ini file.

Edited by WarpD

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69