Sign in to follow this  
Wingman37

New PC NEW Headaches

Hi..a new guy to this forum here and I need your help. I purchased a custom built system which is decently fast and now have to reload all of my addons which is extensive. My problem started when I started to download the first few of my downloads. I have FSX gold edition which includes acceleration on a separate dvd. I uninstalled FSX because of the addon problem and decided to do a new clean install of FSX. I downloaded FSX again and it asked for the product key which I input it. FSX loaded fine. Then I installed the acceleration disk and it did not ask for the product key this time and subsequently downloaded just the trial version which stops after 30 minutes. It didn't give me the chance to activate it. The error I got said I had to be run it as administrator which I already did and the main FSX down loaded with no problem. Will I have to restore my PC to an earlier date? I am in WIN10 home and have been advised there is no problem running FSX with this OS.

The first time I downloaded acceleration it asked  me to activate which I did...why not now?  One other question...I don't care about the extra aircraft or missions accelerator supplies but it also has some important updates ..does it not? Is it possible to get those updates from microsoft without accelerator? I am an experienced flight simmer but am not good dealing with PC problems.

Any suggestions?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I assume its win 10, but even so dont install FSX in defauolt folder put in C:/fsx or similar should be ok. than

Can I first correct the fact that you "installed" rather than downloaded your FSX discs.  Next, after installing the first 2

discs and entering the product key, did you start up FSX to make sure everything was running OK?  You can run FSX

just fine without Acceleration as long as SP1 and SP2 are installed.  You will be missing some aircraft, Missions, and

possibly some scenery areas.

My win10 OS is on C:/ drive and I installed FSX on D:/ with a different path than the default.  I downloaded the first 2 FSX dvd's and installed them with no problem after I put in the product key and started FSX and all seemed fine. Then I DL acceleration and when it went to install, it did not ask for the product key but it did install but when I ran FSX after 30 minutes it stopped and gave me the message that it was a trial version.The error message said that I needed to run it in administartor which I am currently doing. Where can I get SP1 and SP2 if I cant install acceleration properly?