Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

any experience here with asus pb287q 4k

I bought this monitor a while ago and tried it with fsx se and p3d v3 and basically gave up 

Recently , I  bought a 980ti and thought i would give it a try again

so i installed it on the card and changed up my non hd monitor ( asus pb278q ) for this the hd monitor  ( asus pb287q-4k hd)

My experience on the hd 4k monitor is very bad!

colours are washed out in both fsx and p3d max resolution and it is incredibly difficult to read the menus , ( fonts too tiny and not clear )in fsx and p3d as they are just much too small

Im sure there is tons of experience here with suggestions in both fsx-se and p3d v3 platforms...

Questions:

Is it possible to get great resolution with this HD card and monitor in fsx -se ( i gave on fsx legacy/boxed version long ago ) and p3d v3

Is it possible to make the menus  within the sim on 4k readable.  They are just much too tiny and the fonts are not clear

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and assistance

Peter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Do you have the graphic settings as shown on page 39 of the P3D Guide (see link to guide under Hot Spots to the right of this topic)?  The native resolution for this monitor is 3840x2160.  You should also make sure the resolution in the NVIDIA Control Panel is correct.  If the resolution for the menu is too small for you, then you will have to lower your resolution to say 3440 x 1440 or lower.  The GTX 980ti video card is an excellent card that should provide you with the best resolutions for your monitor.

Best regards,

Jim

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this