Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

FS Nav.7 - Use of Autopilot for 737 and 767

I have enjoyoed FS Nav 4.7 but I have a problem with the PMDG 737 and LDL 767, when I try to use the FSNav. auto-pilot. After setting up flight plans with SDS/STARS, etc. I then acitivate the plan within FS Nav. Once airborne I try to execute the autopilot within FS Nav. but it will not acitvate for either aircraft. The proper aircraft,cruse speed/ altitude have been set and each auto route has been calculated by FSNav. I have no problems with other aircrafts (A-36, 777, etc.) using the autopilot in FS Nav. Is this a problem with FS Nav. or is it just pilot error not knowing what he is doing?? I have been able to export flight plans to FMC using the export tools, but sometimes I would just like to have a quick flight without using the planes internal FMC.Thanks for any help.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

>I have enjoyoed FS Nav 4.7 but I have a problem with the PMDG>737 and LDL 767, when I try to use the FSNav. auto-pilot.>After setting up flight plans with SDS/STARS, etc. I then>acitivate the plan within FS Nav. Once airborne I try to>execute the autopilot within FS Nav. but it will not acitvate>for either aircraft. The proper aircraft,cruse speed/>altitude have been set and each auto route has been calculated>by FSNav. I have no problems with other aircrafts (A-36, 777,>etc.) using the autopilot in FS Nav. Is this a problem with FS>Nav. or is it just pilot error not knowing what he is doing??>I have been able to export flight plans to FMC using the>export tools, but sometimes I would just like to have a quick>flight without using the planes internal FMC.>>Thanks for any help.The advanced aircraft add-ons like PMDG and LDS tend to inhibit the default autopilot , this is why this FSNAV feature does not work with theseproducts.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Thanks all for the replies, I was afraid I was doing something wrong and may have to reinstall. I will just have to get over it and use the FMCs, which is the "real way" anyway.regards.carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest allcott

FS Navigator is really due a major overhaul to help it catch up with modern developments. I have gradually stopped using it for anything other than moving map duties as the limitations become more and more apparent. It's still a great tool, but I don't think there is any way to get it to work with the likes of PMDG and other sophisticated autopilots, which either work outside of FS a/p or have lots of programming of their own. Allcott