Sign in to follow this  
phmcr

CTD when closing FSX

Hi, I think it has to do with the fact that I played with fullscreen and windowed screen, but at least that is when it started: CTD when closing FSX.

I have returned to Windowed mode as I used before. I never experienced it then. I start and close FSx without changing the screen format again, but the CTD remained.

It might be related so something else I have changed but I cannot figure that out.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

According to appcrash, this file seems to be the cause of the crash: as_btstrp.dll_unloaded

Isn't that related to ActiveSky?

I just installed their latest beta. Could it be the culprit?

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Sometimes, after you close a program, any program, if that program writes to its .cfg file, after the act of closing, as both FSX and P3D do, the O.S. doesn't allow the latency enough time for the action, so you get a 'the program has stopped working, please close program'.  This might not be the case here, but it certainly is something to keep note of...

Thanks for your reply but the moderator may close this thread as I have found this to be a topic indeed on the HIFI forum. Obviously it was a known problem and they tried to fix it in the latest hotfix, however now i DO have the problem......

Work around is to first close AS and then FSX...

Thanks!

Menno