Sign in to follow this  
Guest crashfreak

"Silver Wings" : Lynn and Bill Lyons at their best!!

If you haven't already, run and download Silver Wings from Lynn and Bill Lyons at Avism's library, http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=76545, you will have a NEW Flight Sim with unbelievable textures for VFR flying.Madam and Mister Lyons, a warm thanks (once more!!) for your fantastic contribution to our hobby.WARNINGS1)Remember to backup your Autogen, Texture, S/W/Texture folders before installing the new files.2)For those,like me, who use BEV, restore the default FS textures from the configurator prior to install Lynn and Bill's ones. After installing Silver Wings, run the BEV config to install the summer textures that will perfectly match with SWings3) use full autogen!Safe FlightsDavid

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Do you run Golden Wings, David?I'm interested to know how Silver compares with Golden. I run the latter as a separate sim for all my oldies, but have so much stuff in my main FS9 texture installation that I am hesitant to change it. Modified autogen, Blue Sphere textures, FS Sky World, Ocean FX, Vilk's Vater, etc. etc. I know, I can test by backing up, and may do, but I simply ask whether you have tried both as yet.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest CWD

I've been told a default install of SilverWings greatly reduces the size of cities. I'm waiting to give it a try until people figure out a way to overcome this, I doubt it'll take long.

If you have Golden wings dont bother, this is just golden wings texture and autogen in the modern world. I didnt like the look of it really in big cities, the textures are nice, but it belongs in GW for me. I keep seperate installs for each.Big airports in the Silver wings mod are just not quite right I guess, not my cup of tea but it is an interesting alternative.hornit

Hi Mark.No I don't run Golden Wings.I also have so much different added textures for ground and sky (BEV, Night Enviro, Flight Enviro, FSV, Wood & desert,Chris Arrington's Airport Enviro +...+... etc...) that I was hesitating before installing Silver Wings.I didn't install the clouds and the runways provided with the package.In fact I installed SW on a fake FS9 folder and choosd the textures I wanted.I am very satisfied with the result but I still have to check the effect on IFR high altitude flights.Give it a try Mark, I really believe you won't regret the time spent for the backupsDavid

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest wildfire563

How do you use Wood and Desert over BEV? Aren't they both texture replacements and as such you would use one or the other?

Guest crashfreak

I installed it....Then uninstalled it......I just wanted the autogen. Im using FSGen LC with Ultimate Terrain and Birds Eye View. Silver wings made 85% of my city LC disappear. If you want the autogen at wow factor, Run the Silver wings .exe into a directory other than FS9, copy and paste the Autogen file into your FS9 Auotgen folder and then go into the silverwings sceneryworldtexture folder, copy and paste all the .agn files into your sceneryworldtexture folder in FS9 and walla,double your auto gen...Bonus is, BEV will align the new amount of autogen just like it does the default! If you do this tho, BACK EVRYTHING UP!!!!Dave