Sign in to follow this  
nermal9999

Helpful info for newbies to the Phenom 300

Hi Folks,

Being a newbie myself to the Phenom 300 I initially found it a challenge working out how to do stuff like opening up the doors and setting the plane up in a cold & dark configuration etc, due to Carenado's lack of documentation. Unless I am missing a file or something.

To fill the gaps in my knowledge I started watching You Tube tutorials and noticed at various stages different windows would appear giving the options I needed, but there were no instructions on how to get them to appear. I tried looking at the different window views and for hidden click spots but to no avail.

The answer to problem was to use a sequence of shortcut keys as detailed below:

Shift+1: PFD

Shift+2: MFD

Shift+3: FMS & Autopilot Panel

Shift+4: Windows Manager (Open doors, put on pitot & engine covers etc)

Shift+5: Info screen that displays all the Shift functions listed here.

Shift+6: Engine setup options, eg Cold & Dark

Shift+7: Switch & knob instructions

Shift+8: IESI (a fancy standby AH)

I hope other people find this information helpful.

Cheers

Ian Miller

• Upvote 1

Hi Ian.

I too am new to the 300. Here is what I did regarding the popups, I like to think it is more like using a Pad Select type of unit in a modern bizjet. I went into the settings menu of FSX and used the Buttons and Keys tab to select the Num Pad buttons to open the popups. I deleted the Shift+1 etc entries and simpy replaced them with the Num Pad keys 1 through 8. Be aware though that the Num Lock key must be either On or OFF in the aircraft, I can't remember at the mo. It will be evident straight away though as the popups wil either open or not as the case may be. It helps me feel like I'm using a proper Key Pad iin the flight deck rather than a computer keyboard when using the Shift key as well.

Regards...Kenny

• Upvote 1

Hi Kenny,

Thanks heaps for this very useful tip, I have just set up my machine the same. For info, the Num Lock key has to be off for it to work.

Does anyone else have any useful hints or tips for flying this plane?

Cheers

Ian Miller

I should vey much like to know how to reduce the volume levels of the 'wav' files. The 'Terrain check' and 'HTOS check' threaten my ear drums!