Sign in to follow this  
kenny584

Cycle 1016 stalls FSX load

Hi Folks.

Only had this a/c a few days and still learning the tricks for it. I have updated the Nav. Database to 1016 via Navigraph. Now, FSX stalls at the start/splash screen. I thought that maybe the database was updating in the background but the screen just sat there, over the time it took me to eat my lunch. I am going to uninstall 1016 and go back to the Extension pack update, However, I would be grateful for any thoughts as to what is going on.

Cheers...Kenny

Kenny,

The database will updated when you start the flight not when you are loading the simulator. I was able to update the Phenom 300 HD with the Navigraph latest cycle without any problems. Please note that it is a well known issue that the extension pack can cause FSX crashes, I suffer from these after installing the pack and normally they happen if I close FSX and open it again without rebooting my PC.

I would suggest that you update the database to the latest cycle using the Navigraph FMS manager, reboot the PC and open FSX from a fresh reboot. You should be able to start a flight with the Phenom 300 loaded and you should see the database rebuild in progress.

Regards,

R.

Hi Raoul.

Do I in fact need to install the Carenad Navigraph Extension pack? Should I simply install the Navigraph cycle 1610 into the aircraft?

Regards...Kenny

Kenny,

If you want to use the GPS1000 with Navigraph database you need to:

1) Install the Phenom 300 HD version 1.3

2) Install the Ext Pack for the Phenom 300 HD

3) Load a flight with the plane loaded and wait until it rebuilds the first DB.

4) Close FSX

5) Install the cycle 1610.

6) Reboot PC (recommended).

7) Load a flight with the Phenom 300

8) Wait for the database to rebuild again.

That should work, it is what I did.

Regards,

R.

Hello again.

Okay I'll try that routine. However, when I press the PROC button I do not have the DEPARTURE option lit up. I have tried several re-installs and still nothing. I'll report back later with any result of your routine.

Cheers...Kenny

p.s. I'm running Win10. Is there a difference there perhaps?

Kenny,

I also have Windows 10, so no difference.

Check that you bought the right Exp. Pack, I bought the Navigraph pack for the Phenom 100 instead of the one for the Phenom 300 by mistake the first time!

Hi Raoul.

Yes I have the correct pack. I've double checked just to be sure. Easy done I suppose. Get this though. I started to re-install the pack at 2300 on Tuesday evening and at 1400 Wednesday it was stuck at 75%. I had the message saying that it may take a few minutes, LOL. I've uninstalled it again via the uninstaller and I'll manually delete out the folder.  I'll have another go later today. Another friend from my online flying club has suggested making sure that I have certain C++ 10 and 12 dll's installed, as he had problems with another aircraft and installing these dll's seemed to fix it.

I'll keep in touch...Kenny