Sign in to follow this  
darth_damian_000

What is my next step to enhance p3d experience?

I have been flying with ASN, ORBX global base, vector, and openlc europe and NA along with REX textures and softclouds.

But I am not looking to enhance the visuals. I need to know what is the next step to achieving more realistic views. I've seen screenshots, and had I not known this is a flightsim forum, I wouldn't be able to tell whether the pictures I see are from a simulator or real life.

I have heard terms like "ultimate realism pack" and "p3d shader pack" and I don't really know what they are. Is it software? Or are they some .cfg file modifications created by particular users? I also heard that it is not recommended to tweak the .cfg files, but from what I read, people are changing settings around and are much happier with what they see.

In any case, I am looking to make things more realistic, and I need to know where to start. If you could link me to some forum posts that explain these things, that would be great. I have read the tweak guide, and I have somewhat of a clearer understanding of playing around with graphical settings. I have core i7 4790k OCd to 4.7 ghz with a gtx 1070 gpu, if it helps.

Thanks in advance.

Build a home cockpit 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter