Sign in to follow this  
fernando martin

About computer spec. for 737 NGX

Good morning all.

I am willing to have this marvellous ad-on but i want to make sure my computer will be able to run it perfectly, at least with no problems..

Those are my specs.. W7 64 bits. Intel Core i5-3570K CPU 3.40GHz. 8,00 GB RAM. GeForce GTX 650.

Its That good enough? what should i improve to run it? or.. what should i change in FSX config to run it smouthly?

Thanks to all i will apreciate any suggestions..

Welcome to the forum Fernando, please note the forum rules that ask for a full name on each post.... regardless of your screen name settings.

Compare you system with PMDG minimum and recommended system requirements here: https://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/FSX/ngx8900.html

FSX requires many more tweaks than P3D but it has been around a long time and there is a lot of free advice out there. The tweaks recommended by PMDG for the NGX are included in the Introduction document that comes with the product.

i want to make sure my computer will be able to run it perfectly, at least with no problems..

That is a pretty high bar.  I don't think the most powerful liquid cooled workstation available is capable of running FSX perfectly; afterall, there are a few flaws in FSX that your hardware cannot fix, but we've learned to work with it and accept something a little less than perfection.

In my opinion, you system will handle the NGX and a weather add on very well.... start adding complex scenery and it might become a little overworked.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank a lot Dan for a quick unswer..

I have follow soo many forum about this issue and i tried in the past to set up FSX for a good performance with a good view, but seams imposible..    

in this case i am just interested in the plane, i dont mind beautiful airports or background.. its a lot of money thougt just for a try...

Thanks again!!

Fernando Martin

a higher spec videocard and/or RAM aren't that expensive and could help, but you should be fine though you might have to turn down some settings from the highest values.

sigfile_dva.png

Hello Fernando,

i have P3Dv3 incl PMDG NGX running on an i7 5820k oc´ed 4.5 GHZ 16GB DDR4 RAM @3000MHz GTX 1080 on an ASUS Rampage xtreme V mobo. I am able to run the sim @fairly high settings @ stable fluid smooth 30FPS.

Unfortunately the higher your PC specs are the better the NGX and all those fancy add ons will run. But be aware the OOM will not be solved with higher hardware.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg