Sign in to follow this  
M4ik3E

FSX-SE Camera/Terrain Shaking Problem

I have the camera/terrain shaking problem too.

This is how the story goes for me.

I used to have FSX STEAM EDITION installed with the following addons:

ORBX BASE

ORBX OPEN LC

ORBX VECTOR

FS GLOBAL ULTIMATE EUROPE/AFRICA

EZDOC CAMERA

FLYTAMPA ATHENS

LGTT FREEWARE

LGAT FREEWARE

FSUIPC

SPAD

I am not sure exaly when the problem occured but I did upgrade to WINDOWS 10 and also like to keep my NVIDIA drivers up to date.

Also I think this happened after I installed FS GLOBAL ULTIMATE EUROPE/AFRICA but i am not quite sure about that.

I tried almost everything, I tweaked the settings, removed all addons (also removing from the scenery list) with no success.

Then I removed the entire game and reinstalled again.

It worked and so I proceeded to install the addons again, I installed ORBX GLOBAL BASE and everything was fine.

Then I proceeded with ORBX GLOBAL VECTOR AND OPEN LC then the same problem appears,the aircrafts landing gear was in the runway, the runway itself was tared  and when I started to accelerate the aircraft starts to shake the terrain starts to shake back and forth and sometimes the airplane goes sideways!

Frustrated by this situation and not been able to sort it out in any way I ditched FSX and got PREPAR3D in the hope this glitch will not be present.

So I installed PREPAR3D and gave it a go before installing any addons, and there it is again like a nightmare, the same problem again!

I am hopeless right now and lost my sleep in the process of finding out!

I was hoping that PREPAR3D is a fresh new installation not affected by any FSX files, if so, then why does it happen on both simulators?

Any help will be highly apreciated.

Here are my PC specs:

INTEL i7 4790k liquid cooled not OC

NVIDIA GTX 970 G1 GAMING

HYPER X SAVAGE CAS 9 1866MHZ 8+8GB RAM

OCZ TRION 480GB SSD

CORSAIR CX-M 750

WD 1TB HDD

I used nvidia surround on two monitors but disabled it for testing.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10