Sign in to follow this  
Rythegreat

Aircraft turning right after landing

So... over the past few days I've had this problem... this happens on a number of aircrafts both addon and default... I first noticed it on the wilco/feelthere 737.

Basically, after landing, manual or ILS, the aircraft is stuck turning right... but the nose gear is just going striaght... my first thought was the thrust was uneven, nope. Next thought was the rudder, I have autorudder on, so nope. Planes its happened on is

Wilco/Feelthere 737

PMDG 737NG, the PMDG 737 is a conversion of the FS9 plane, its not the problem as it worked fine up until a few days ago.

CLS MD-87 and 81/82

CaptainSim 757

Default 737

If you haven't noticed the pattern its mostly Boeing planes, my Airbus and Embraer planes work fine.

Another thought I had was a hard landing, but I have realism set to the lowest, mainly because I'm not the best lander... even in ILS. Personally, I like to do this as a hobby and not have to worry about crashes and stuff.

One other thought I had it that for some reason it was my add-on scenery. However, I tested it on the default airport and it still didn't work. I even tried landing an airbus in the same addon airport where I first noticed the problem, FSDreamTeam, KFLL, and it worked fine but any of the above planes don't.

It gets really annoying when parking at the gate and during taxi.

Could bit of help..

Thanks.

What flightstick/ yoke are you using? Have you got any aileron trim in? Autorudder might sense incorrectly that due to some right aileron trim, you might want to turn right so it puts a bit of rudder in for you.

Have you tried turning autorudder off just to see what happens?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

What flightstick/ yoke are you using? Have you got any aileron trim in? Autorudder might sense incorrectly that due to some right aileron trim, you might want to turn right so it puts a bit of rudder in for you.

Have you tried turning autorudder off just to see what happens?

One, I'm using the mouse yoke, I had an expensive flightstick but my cat spilled a cup of water on it and shorted it out... haven't felt like getting another one for that reason.

Two, no aileron trim, I checked that.

I'll try putting the trim. I'll also turn autorudder off and test. I'll have to do a full flight to test. I'm testing a new plane, I had the original Wilco 737, got the evolution a while back and forgot about it. The only save that is a boeing thats right before a landing is my PMDG, It uses the default 737 VC, but some parts are blacked out, including the pedestal, so I can't add the trim there. Will get back to you shortly.

Main reason I keep the FS9 737 is cause I like planes with cabins. Even if it isn't as realistic.