Sign in to follow this  
allamet

Anyone Using the Avilasoft Display?

Anyone know how to use the avilasoft display in FSX? I have both provider and display on one computer and the menu comes up in fsx but nothing shows when I make a selection. Any experience with this? Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I use the AivlaSoft EFB with FSX, Data Provider and Display Unit on one computer (currently one, I have used it via network in the past), but there is no corresponding menu in FSX that I have ever seen. But it works fine.

So ... what menu?

I can't sing EFB praises highly enough. 

It was the one piece of software that visually helped me understand IFR flying through FSX.

As for Jetways, you can paste a routing into the text box when you select a route:

EG: EGAA LISBO L603 PEPOD UL15 RISLA UN862 RETSI EGGD 

You shouldn't have to add things manually.

You can view SIDs and STARS, it gives you Metar data for airports, you can route direct-to. Wind speeds, compass, It integrates with VATSIM.

You can program routes straight to the iFly 737 and PMDG planes. 

I run my copy across a network with the 'Provider' on my FSX PC and the display unit on my second PC. 

The checklists are great, especially the one for the Dash-8 Q400. 

B)

If you press the "select" button when in flight plan mode you have a choice, IVAO, Route Finder, or FSX pls. or whatever. You can also go to Sky Vector. That is a free real world site that files a Real World flight Plan with air traffic control, but only if your a registered user! Don't register!!! You will find your butt in handcuffs! Free to use as a simmer, just DO NOT register. There are a few more sites that you can use to copy past into Aivlasoft's EFB. I never got lost in flight, hell, I was always lost taxying around unfamiliar airports. The EFB dovetails with FSX-SE nicely, and PMDG. you simply save your route, rte into PMDG flight plans or in the case of the 777 I save to FLIGHTPLANS\777. I Then use  CO-ROUTE to import it into the 777'S FMC. After stepping thru the legs and I decide the process threw me a curve so, to speak, I can fix it and copy it back into FLIGHTPLANS\777.

The "DATA PROVIDER" resides on your main FSX machine! The "DISPLAY UNIT" can be installed on the same machine or on a separate machine and networked. Works on tablets and touch screen stuff I'm told.

The installation configuration gives you a chance to try it for 30 days. You also have the choice to try Navigraph or the other one. You don't get the latest airac but you can try it.

I found it best to install Navigraph  airac for Aivlasoft first, The EFB will find it pretty much on it's own. The installer works thru the registry keys to figure out where things are. Then its a good idea to install the "DISPLAY UNIT" on the second or networked machine. How you want to install is a matter of check boxes, one one machine check em all. On a networked machine just check "DATA PROVIDER"  And then stick the installation DVD or install thru the network the "DISPLAY UNIT" in the other machine.

The manual say's to have a copy of FSX on the "OTHER" machine. If you install "STEAM" on the networked machine and log in you will find and be provided with a choice to 'Stream" Steams FSX to the networked machine, works like a charm, The "DISPLAY UNIT'S EFB" gets it's info from it's own machines mirror of FSX. The only problem I had was grabbing the wrong mouse from time to time!

I believe I saved enough money in toner and paper to pay for the EFB, or will shortly.

​If you have a Navigraph subscription and download it's Aivlasoft airac cycle you will have a much smoother install, it's a devil of a job find Navigraphs installed stuff without doing so.  

There's more too it than meets the eye, takes a little time to observe all of it's features!

I love it!

Good Luck!

BaldyB

Anyone know how to use the avilasoft display in FSX? I have both provider and display on one computer and the menu comes up in fsx but nothing shows when I make a selection. Any experience with this? Thanks.

I use it on a networked machine, never used it like you do. However. I think if you look in the manual you will find a keystroke to bring the Display Unit foreward for use.

BaldyB