Sign in to follow this  
BradBaten

FS9 Payware Commercial Helos

What would be the best payware chopper with great control on landings and over all flight ?  It seems the default and freeware helos jst are so hard to control,who knows mayby its me, but I tryed all the tips and practiced alot, it seems to me that a payware helo would be much more stable, Thanks for your time.    Punch649

Some say:

Flying a helicopter is like trying to balance a ball bearing on the end of a pin...

The easiest FS2004 helo of all is the default Bell.

A great aid to flying it is one of the HUD's available at Hovercontrol.

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?img=0&search=Steve+Hanley&cat=all&bool=phrase

If you want to put in the hours (and money upfront) and get as real as it gets, then:

http://www.dodosim.com/

I rarely disagree with my friend (and secret hero) WingZ but this time I have to... In FS9 the default Bell is incredibly difficult to fly whereas the Robinson R22 is much more "user friendly." If you want to first learn the basic (and largely artificial) skills of flying a chopper in FS9 then I suggest that's the place to start... I'm assuming you are using a decent set of controls - stick, rudder pedals and throttle??? If not, then I wouldn't even both trying... Even with the unrealistic elements of chopper flying in FS, you still need to do a juggling act with constant control inputs and it would take an absolute genius to be able to do all of that with a keyboard... Maybe a concert organist could pull out all the stops and do it? OMG, that's got to be the worst pun in my entire AVSIM career!!!! :rolleyes:

Then move onto something more challenging... But no matter how you look at it, "realistic" helicopter flight in FS9 or any of the other MS Flight Sim versions is always going to be unrealistic unless you can invest in the specialized hardware needed....

Cheers

Ian

TY   kiwifyer45. I have spent so much on scenary I just would like to flyaround and enjoy it. Ill try the R22 and see if my yaw and landing approaches get a bit les complicated.   Cheers !