Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

AI Ardvark

Hi,AI Ardvarks web page is some-what confusing, is there a file listing of all their base packages?.Thanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

If you go to the site and click on the aircraft and repaint section it will show you all the aircraft that they have. Then select the one you want and click on the repaint button. The first file in red will be the paint kit which is the base package. Then just select either avsim or flightsim to go to that site and download the file. Or you could do a search here in the library for aardvark paint kit, and that should bring up all the base packages.Hope this helpsGlenn

Hi,So their paint kit is the base package?.Thanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hey Mike, I thought that is the way it was, but with further looking I noticed that the model and fde are in there own files for the newer aircraft. The older ones like the DC-9s and the older 737's they are included with the paint kits. But the newer ones have a base package. The older models also have updated fde's so they work better in fs9. Now I know why you asked, it is a little confussing. Basicly, once you select the aircraft you want, you click on the repaint button to the right side of the screen. On that page the files you want will be in red and be the first ones listed. Some of the models will be in the paint kits and some will not be. I hope I have not confussed you any further. GlennCame back to add something. I think for the DC9 10/30/40/50, 737-200/300/400/500, 757-200/300, and emb 120 you will just need the file aiafs9up.zipLike I said I hope have have helped and not made things worse.

The website information about the basic aircraft is a little "clunky" - mainly because you see the evolution of AI aircraft design and distribution concepts.From including the model, aircraft.cfg and air file in every repaint / download - to only with the paint kit - up to providing them in a separate download.Part of the difficulty is they do not host their own files, so updating a previously released model is difficult.Pick one of their newest aircraft - the MD8X series - install it and then work back. Through time. The EMB 120, B732/3/4, B757 and DC-9 series are among the oldest.Don't get discouraged. They have a very good forum for help.And you will find the results in great looking AI aircraft and less load on your computer well worth the effort.