Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Here we go again

Good morning everyone. Recently I reformatted my HD due to my FS9 being very unstable. Anyway it has been solid as a rock since. I couldn't even get the sim to crash if I tried. This week I installed the Ariane 600NGvce. As soon as I got in the cockpit and looked right, the sime crashed with g3d.dll error. I went back in a second time and it was OK. Last night I reinstalled my Dreamfleet A36 R3 version. I notice now that when I exit FS9 everything seems fine, but I always have a habit at looking at my event viewer just to make sure. And sure enough I have an unknown event 1000 unknown source dll error. This does not reference FS9. This does not happen all the time, but these two things never happened until I installed these two AC. If nessesary, I want to uninstall them without having to do anything else. I don't understand why this is happening? I finally got my sim working right after 1 year of FRUSTRATION. What I am trying to figure out is where in the system and registry all the files are? I don't want anything left over. I don't think a simple uninstall from add-remove programs will do it. There has to be something that caused this. I use Win2000 pro, so the A36 with the reality XP files might have something to do with this, as it is designed for WinXP only as advertised. It works OK, but I can not use the Garmin as my primary in the aircraft setup menu that loads when you are first in the cockpit. Any suggestions? Like I said, I can use the sim, but it is not 100% stable anymore, and I can't tell you how upset this has me. This morning in the default 172, I got the same g3d.dll as soon as I was panning in VC. Again this started only after installing the Ariane. I also think it's the Ariane, not he A36, but who knows? I am so in tune with my computer, that if the slightest thing happens, I will notice. If it's not 100%, I can't enjoy it at all. All I did was install two aircraft, nothing more, and this is the rotten luck I have. I guess I did something to get the Sim Gods angry? Thanks for your help. Best regards, Jeff

Update: I am now getting this error(below) every time I exit FS9. I don't even have to actually fly. If I start the program and then exit, then check my event viewer, this is what I get.The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: 7.Does this mean someone has put something on my system from a remote computer? That's what it sounds like. This just started last night. Everytime without fail. What could cause this? It is driving me nuts. Best regards, Jeff

Hi Jeff,This may not apply to your problem but I do a lot of downloading and testing to see if I like a particluar file. I have my FS9 on it's own drive.You would not believe the amount of fragmenting that appears on your drive when you load programmes!I use 'Diskeeper' and it will de-frag my drive 160GB in less than two minutes and puts things right.Now I am not saying, this is the problem in your case but it might help?Good luck,Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Wichita

Click on the XP Start button on the lower left,click on run and type regedit. Use the "Find" function and type in the file names you want to delete,use the F3 key to keep searching. Even using Add/remove doesn't totally clean out the registry.I'd delete FS9 and re-install,takes less time than chasing problems and then run it for a day or more with JUST the default aircraft--no add-ons and see if you get any crashes. Defrag your HD,make sure your running a good spyware and antivirus program-run both of those to insure your system is clean. It takes alot of house cleaning anymore....David

Guest Calb

I suggest you check for updates to the buss drivers for your motherboard. I had similar problem several years ago -- FS2002 would not run at all on my new AMD 1.33e on a DFI MoBo. Installed VIA's 4n1 drivers and never had another problem.Cal (CYXX)

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed your turkey! Anyway, thanks for your reply to this strange issue I am having. Cal, the VIA 4n1 drivers....hmmmm, I don't remember installing them. Are they seperate from my NForce drivers for my MB? I have them on a seperate CD for a file I downloaded last year....I think??? Where can I get them if I don't have them? I have the ASUS A7N8DELUXE MB. I wonder if these drivers are needed? What do you think? If so, maybe this has been my problem all along?Best regards, Jeff