Sign in to follow this  
ap1

FSX SE: Installing Simconnect

I'm trying to install sim connect so I can use the program AI SID STAR so I'll be able to follow the procedures along with the AI Aircraft.  I went into the folder Legacy Interfaces and tried to run the installation of the sim connect, and the bar loaded saying it was getting ready, but in a few seconds it closes and nothing comes up.  I went into the lib folder and got the same result.  The add/remove programs area says that two versions of sim connect are installed and I think I need two more versions but not sure which ones.  Any ideas on how to get this working?  Thanks. 

As soon as I published the post I just realized I posted in the wrong section sorry.  Too late I guess to change FSX MS to FSX SE but at least it says it in the title.  Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

After "installing" FSX:SE we have to run it from the menu first and it will then continue with the setup whereby we must OK the EULA and then it continues.

FSX:SE installs 61259 and its own 62615.

You need to run SimConnect.msi in these two folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-RTM

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1

Assuming you've not already had FSX boxed installed, they would already be there.

regards

steve

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I installed the FSX Steam by downloading the program of course then once it came up, I clicked on the icon on the desktop and ran it. I''m sure I did it right? The EULA should come up every time right when you installl it right? I tried installing the simconnect RTM and got the same result with nothing coming up.

OK, I just tried going into SP1 and installing it and it came up and I pressed OK on the EULA and it looks like that installed, but not sure if I need to do the other one or maybe since it isn't loading it's already installed. Thanks for the reply.

Yes that's right, you have to run FSX:SE at least once for it to finish installing so the EULA pops up and we have to OK it. After that it can be seen to set up SimConnect, it installs 62615 and 61259. Then normally we would go to those folders and run the msi, it doesn't do much and won't necessarily show up in your installed apps in Control Panel (it's complicated).

It's possible you have successfully installed those and should now have four SImConnects, five if you installed Prepar3d as well. You can check in the WinSxS folder - search for SimConnect.dll.

Even though these dll files may exist it does not mean they work OK since there is also a complicated set of parameters installed into the system settings so that apps can find those dlls without referring to the folder (put simply).

Do you run something and it reports a SimConnect problem?

Hi Steve, I just happened to check in the add or remove programs and it looks like all four of the simconnects are there.  So I think it's all installed.  Thanks for your help.

Seems you have it all done nicely! You should be good to go, I hope it works OK.