Sign in to follow this  
w9nwrwi

X-plane 10 FMC not seeing all data from P2A route build

I do not have any trouble loading/saving basic flight plans and exporting to a X-plane 10 FMC. 
A flight plan of little more complex nature is giving me trouble.

I built up a route from my home airport, added some way-points and my final destination as back to home airport, KATW to KATW. It validated fine, and I then Filed and P2A asked if I would like a ILS approach and I responded, Yes. It built the route very nicely, complete with missed approach (red lines) and a procedure turn. I filed it  with a cruise altitude and Plan GS and It all looked good in the MFD map.

I saved the route as a .VFB file and exported it as a .FMS file for my FMC.  I loaded the FMC and noticed that the latter half of the route was missing with the exception of Final Destination (KATW). I did this by using the NEXT button on the FMC.

Examination of the saved .FMS files shows only the first few way-points and non of the latter way-points. Same thing with examination of the .VBF, that one is a little more intense but did not see the latter way-points.

Not sure why the data is not being saved in its entirety to file types.

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Chuck,

The current version does not support the flight from the Departure airport back to the Destination airport very well.  This is fixed in the next update.

However, the building of the flight plan should work in the current version.  There is an option in the Config-FltPln tab that you may need to check "Export SID/STAR/Approach Waypoints".  The reason for this being an option is to support various FMSs in different SIMs.  Some require the route to contain all waypoints and others only want to see the non Procedure related waypoints.

Dave

Dave,

Got it, the check of "Export SID/STAR/Approach Waypoints" helped a lot, but like you said once it got to the procedure points the FMC (X-Plane 10) did NOT like that at all, it just kept going straight.

So another lesson learned and I thank you for the information, will examine the flight plan and if I see Procedures I will make other arrangements.

I did try out Chatter, your files, worked good and adds a lot.

Thanks,

Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.