Sign in to follow this  

Hi Andy. So Steam is just an online store then. Read somewhere you have to be online to fly...not sure what that means exactly. My power supply is a 600WT ATX...I asked about it and they said it will be ok. It's a new computer and I got Compuzone to built it for FSX. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

I was also a little unsure of using Steam before I first tried it. However, I soon realised that it's a safe, well-established system used by millions worldwide. It's more than just an online store, think of it as a sort of games ecosystem which removes many of the potential problems associated with buying, installing and updating games.

By default, you need to go online each time you start any Steam game but that's just to "check in" and look for any updates. You only go into multiplayer mode with FSX if you specifically request it (much the same as the old boxed version) - I've yet to run FSX:SE in multiplayer mode. As far as Steam's concerned, don't confuse being online with going multiplayer. If you're really worried about being online you can easily run FSX:SE in offline mode but, to be honest, it's not worth it.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Yes... Steam is fine, in fact rather good. With the myriad of games now exclusively Steam I'm surprised you aren'f familiar.

Steam is no diferent to Origin or Uplay, all perfectly fine. And you get the advantage of all games being bang up to date, fully patched.

My son and I first used Steam years ago and were initially sceptical too but no need, It's actually rather good.