Sign in to follow this  
Richbro

Saitek FSX/P3D conflict?

Hello gentlemen,

I've had Saitek panels, yoke and rudder pedals for some considerable time whilst using FSX with Steve fixer. All quite hunkey dory using Saitek drivers.

I don't know whether my system is up to coping with P3D but, nevertheless, I bought P3D V3.4 and installed it without any issues other than the Saitek panels wouldn't start up when the sim started. Working through the issue I downloaded the P3D driver from Saitek and all works fine on panels,yoke etc.

However, P3d seems to be demanding more from my system than FSX and I get VC view stutters which is probably due to my dated GPU, a EVGA GTX 660Ti, Rather than splash more cash out at this moment in time for an updated GPU I thought I'd go back to FSX and enjoy my flying.

Unfortunately when starting up my Duke T V2, I've discovered that when engines are running and I switch beacon, strobe or any other switch, the generators kick off. Also the trim wheel doesn't work other than using the mouse. In other words, all not as per, prior to P3D installation.

When in P3D all in the Duke, Q400 etc. is fine so, it seems that having both sims on the same PC causes this problem and Saitek will only work on one or the other.

I just wondered if any of you good folk have ever encountered this problem and, if so, could advise me as how to overcome it if, indeed , it  can.  Other than uninstallng P3D and seeing if the panels behave in FSX, I can't see the answer despite ensuring that I do have the FSX driver from Saitek installed.

My system is:-  i7 3770@3.4Ghz on an Asus P8268-V Mobo,EVGA GTX660Ti,16GB memory,

Any lifeline would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Richard.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

it seems that having both sims on the same PC causes this problem and Saitek will only work on one or the other

This seems unlikely to me. What seems more likely, taking your description into account, is that you have disconnected and reconnected some or one of your panels and FSX has re-detected it and made default assignments to it. I say this because you describe one switch doing two different actions. FSX does this all the time. Maybe you didn't actually unplug any panels but something else made FSX think you did.

There is some complicated rigmarole with the two different copies of standard.xml that can protect from this, but I forget the details. The simplest way (depending on your point of view) is to uncheck the 'enable controllers' box in FSX and so all the FSX axis and button mappings are ignored. You then have to assign everything using another tool or tools, generally FSUIPC. I do it with FSUIPC and LINDA and it really saves a lot of headaches in the long run.

Many thanks for your reply.

All the USB's are in a Belkin tower so your idea that something disconnected had crossed my mind, although I would have thought this would have affected both sims. Nevertheless,I'll have a good look at that.

I take on board your suggestion using FSUIPC and I have toyed with the idea of using Spad in the past. However, once set up in FSX the Saitek drivers seem to do the job, given I don't have too sophisticated a rig or requirements.

Many thanks once again.

Richard.