Sign in to follow this  
Barnstormer16

Battery operated PFD

The 350i is working great for me, but there is one glitch.  The battery operated PFD above the radio, center panel does not work at all.  Could I be missing some file.  I'm not sure what;s it's called or where to look.

Thanks.

Bill

It's called the ESIS, and it has a separate power switch located to the lower left of master gang bar, below the red/white striped Battery Bus switch. This rendition of the Proline 21 avionics needs major work, but glad it's working for you.

Thank you, thank you.  I had wondered if I was missing a switch somewhere, and there it was tucked down in that corner.  Sorry too about incorrectly referring to it as a 'battery operated PFD'.  I knew it had a name I just couldn't remember EFIS...Electronic Flight Instrument System, I guess.

I've heard what everyone is saying about the Proline 21.  So far I've only flown three flights but it's worked okay for me.  I'm flying it like I fly the other King Airs just using a simple flight plan and controlling the altitude myself on the autopilot.  I'm not using the Vertical Speed Nav buttons at all, so for me it's working fine.  I wish the GTN750 could be used instead like most everyone else.  I seldom fly one flight in it's entirety at one sitting.  Therefore I have to re-enter the FP each time I start back up again in the B350.  The GTN would have it saved for me.