Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

7600K and 7700K Overclock Leaked.

From last month, not sure if you guys have seen it.

http://wccftech.com/intel-core-i7-7700k-core-i5-7600k-overclock/

It seems Kaby Lake has a much thicker PCB than Skylake, so issues with bending when installing coolers and "vice method" delidding shouldn't be an issue. 

The Intel Core i7-7700K was overclocked by HKEPC on LN2 cooling. The chip used might be an engineering sample but we have already seen retail chips ready. The chip was coupled on an ASRock Z170M OC Formula motherboard along with GALAX HOF DDR4 memory. The multiplier on the chip was adjusted to x67 and the bus speed remained untouched. This resulted in a clock speed jump to 6.7 GHz. There’s no reporting on the voltage used but it should be high considering the use of LN2.

The Intel Core i5-7600K on the other hand was overclocked to 5.1 GHz on air. This test was performed on an ASUS Maximus VIII Gene motherboard by facebookHK. The chip had multiplier adjusted to x40 and bus speed adjusted to 127.51 MHz. This pushed the clock speed to 5.1 GHz. The chip voltage was adjusted to 1.504 Volt which seems rather high. The tester says that the chip was very stable on 5.1 GHz and the temps were pretty good considering the voltage used.

The chip kept itself under 30C on idle  and didn’t went past 46C on max load. There’s no telling what air cooler was used but it should be a good one. It is mentioned that Kaby Lake might offer the same overclock potential as Sandy Bridge.

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sounds impressive. However, 5.1GHz on air with a max temp of only 46C seems too good to be true. I remember before the 6700k was released there were reports of people running it stable at over 5GHz on air which subsequently proved to be a bit of a myth. I look forward to seeing how the average retail chips perform.

Yes it does sound a bit low the temp. No HT of course which knocks 10 degrees off.

We also don't know what they put it under load with. Might have been something not very demanding.