Sign in to follow this  
kingm56

Problem with vox scripts

Team,

I continue to struggle with executing my "takeoff" and "cleanup" Vox scripts.  Specifically, the copilot is ignoring some of the inputs by stating the following:

"real professionals don't fiddle..."

"it's not appropriate"

The Vox scripts execute fine, if the aircraft is not moving; thus, I assume this is a safety feature to prevent accidental inputs during critical fligh phases (e.g. takeoff roll).  However, when flying online, it's not always possible to come to a complete stop before the runway threshold to execute the script in its entirety.  Therefore, would it be possible to add an option to ignore this safety feature while the aircraft is one the ground?  I'd prefer the script execute without regard to other parameters (e.g. N1 and ground speed).  Thank you for your consideration!

Matt King

Team,

I continue to struggle with executing my "takeoff" and "cleanup" Vox scripts.  Specifically, the copilot is ignoring some of the inputs by stating the following:

"real professionals don't fiddle..."

"it's not appropriate"

The Vox scripts execute fine, if the aircraft is not moving; thus, I assume this is a safety feature to prevent accidental inputs during critical fligh phases (e.g. takeoff roll).  However, when flying online, it's not always possible to come to a complete stop before the runway threshold to execute the script in its entirety.  Therefore, would it be possible to add an option to ignore this safety feature while the aircraft is one the ground?  I'd prefer the script execute without regard to other parameters (e.g. N1 and ground speed).  Thank you for your consideration!

I believe this was addressed some versions back.

Right now, FO looks at the command to check whether it's a scripted one in which case he won't argue. But if he will if somehow sees it as a direct command.

The takeoff flight phase detection involves more than just aircraft moving. In taxi flight phase, you can definitely get FO to flip anything.

Avoid setting the throttle levers at high values before the co-pilot has acknowledged the start of flow execution. (I'm guessing this is what's causing it). I Mean the FO rejecting the flow altogether (seeing its trigger sentence as a direct command), because that command isn't part of the flow execution itself.

Also, if you still have those "Pause=2" in the flows, delete them.

Some changes where made to the script engine a while ago, and it will always insert a short delay (about 1.5 sec) between two successive actions (so Fo can better detect which command is scripted and which one isn't). Those pauses should only be used for significant delays like waiting for APU to start etc...

If this needs further attention, just confirm, and it will be fine tuned further.