Sign in to follow this  
cesarfrei

FSX freezing during flight

Hi , fellows. I´m having this problem which affects most of us simmers , FSX  crashes during flight. Below  i have pasted  appcrashview  report about my flight . My specs are Windows 7   64 bit , service pack 1,

intel Core i5-3470 CPU @3.20 GHZ ;   8,0 RAM , HD 1Tb  ,   Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. H77M-D3H (Intel Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz)  and  2D FHD LG TV (1920x1080@60Hz) Intel HD Graphics 

(Gigabyte)  2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 33 °C  CrossFire Disabled  . I wonder if anyone could give me a hand, thanks

Version=1

EventType=AppHangB1

EventTime=131251142411629594

ReportType=1

Consent=1

UploadTime=131251142414089735

ReportIdentifier=33abe9d9-b82b-11e6-a311-94de80057817

IntegratorReportIdentifier=33abe9da-b82b-11e6-a311-94de80057817

WOW64=1

Response.type=4

Sig[0].Name=Nome do aplicativo

Sig[0].Value=fsx.exe

Sig[1].Name=Versão do Aplicativo

Sig[1].Value=10.0.61472.0

Sig[2].Name=Carimbo de Data//Hora do Aplicativo

Sig[2].Value=475e17d3

Sig[3].Name=Assinatura com Falha

Sig[3].Value=82b2

Sig[4].Name=Tipo com Falha

Sig[4].Value=2048

DynamicSig[1].Name=Versão do sistema operacional

DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

DynamicSig[2].Name=Identificação da Localidade

DynamicSig[2].Value=1046

DynamicSig[22].Name=Assinatura Adicional com Falha 1

DynamicSig[22].Value=82b2ec27310ede0eb31202d31bb54ad8

DynamicSig[23].Name=Assinatura Adicional com Falha 2

DynamicSig[23].Value=693d

DynamicSig[24].Name=Assinatura Adicional com Falha 3

DynamicSig[24].Value=693dada63265ba8b817bbebdc9c92737

DynamicSig[25].Name=Assinatura Adicional com Falha 4

DynamicSig[25].Value=82b2

DynamicSig[26].Name=Assinatura Adicional com Falha 5

DynamicSig[26].Value=82b2ec27310ede0eb31202d31bb54ad8

DynamicSig[27].Name=Assinatura Adicional com Falha 6

DynamicSig[27].Value=693d

DynamicSig[28].Name=Assinatura Adicional com Falha 7

DynamicSig[28].Value=693dada63265ba8b817bbebdc9c92737

UI[3]=Microsoft Flight Simulator® não está respondendo

UI[4]=Se fechar o programa, você pode perder dados.

UI[5]=Fechar o programa

UI[6]=Fechar o programa

UI[7]=Fechar o programa

FriendlyEventName=Parou de responder e foi fechado

ConsentKey=AppHangXProcB1

AppName=Microsoft Flight Simulator®

AppPath=C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\fsx.exe

ReportDescription=Um problema fez com que esse programa parasse de interagir com o Windows.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, it does , after 8 or 10 minutes it carries on normally and then freezes again and then flies again ...

hmmm, same as the issue I am currently suffering! I did the affinity mask tweak which improved things do you have that? Still worked to eradicate it totally

No , I don´t have it , it did the trick? Good, could you tell me how to do the affinity mask tweak , please?

Fixes that have worked for many others are shown in the AVSIM CTD Guide in the probable fixes section.  Look under freezes.  Also, on page 10, check out how to fix most freezes/crashes in FSX.

Guide link is in my signature.

Best regards,

Jim

Hi , Jim . I have the AVSIm CTD Guide , and have implemented some of the advised fixes, but to no avail . I still have the freezes during flight . There are fixes  I haven´t tried yet , so I will try them and let you know.Thanks

Unfortunately, if your investigation cannot find the cause of the freezing (high fsx/display driver settings, a bad tweak, etc.) you will have to reinstall Windows and then FSX.  Most people can find a solution by investigating it.  Some say placing the AffinityMask tweak in the FSX.cfg can stop freezes.  I am a strong believer that that does not happen.  It might fix the freeze for a flight session or two but the freezes will return.  You have something installed that is loading, a texture, a gauge, or a module that is being called but it is not there or it is corrupted.  This is why I say you need to investigate it as it is only on your system and the freezes everyone else gets is on their system and they are not related (unless it is high settings).  A bad overclock setting, just one, can freeze up your system too.

In the CTD Guide on page 10 I tried to explain that one should move their dll.xml, their FSX.cfg, and the scenery.cfg to a temporary directory (or rename them).  Restart FSX and the FSX.cfg and scenery.cfg will be rebuilt.  The dll.xml is not a default FSX file so it will not be rebuilt.  It is used by developers to load their modules for their products.  So many bad things can happen with the dll.xml.... 

So, by doing the above, you are basically starting with a default configuration of FSX SP2.  You then return your old FSX.cfg and maybe the dll.xml back and see if this has fixed your problem.  If so, then you can be pretty sure there was something wrong in the scenery.cfg.  If the crashes/freezes continue, then it was something in the dll.xml or fsx.cfg.

The other issue could be the fact you are trying to run 2 Full HD LG TV's with the Intel HD graphics on your CPU and you disabled your primary ATI video card.  I seriously doubt 2 Full HD LG TV's can be run using the internal CPU graphics chip.  What happens if you enable the ATI card.

Best regards,

Jim

Hello, Jim . As you´ve told me , I will try my hand doing some adjustments to my dll.xml  and FSX.cfg . I know  it might be a great deal of work  , but  the freezes that upset me are of my system and I have got to find a way to solve it . By the way , I just have got one Full HD LG TV   , when I pasted my specs it put 2 instead of 1 . Thank  you , I  really appreciate that. 

but the freezes that upset me are of my system and I have got to find a way to solve it .

If there was a solution to freezes that fit everyone, you can be sure it would be posted here on AVSIM and many other websites.  They are frustrating.  I went through an unknown freeze once and it took me some time to figure it out.  It was MyTrafficX (the older version 5.4c - not the latest version).  I ran Process Monitor (page 17/18 of the AVSIM CTD Guide) during the flight and wrote down exactly when my sim froze (looking at my computer clock).  I then looked through the Process Monitor log for the time I wrote down for when my sim froze.  The only thing loading in FSX was MyTrafficX AI.  I went into the scenery.cfg and disabled MyTrafficX and the freezes stopped.  I have since found an easier way as I explained above.  Move your scenery.cfg to a temporary directory or rename it.  Move the FSX.cfg to a temporary directory or rename it.  Move the dll.xml to a temporary directory.  Restart FSX and see if this fixes the problem (it should or the issue is your computer system's setup).  If no crashes, then return the dll.xml back.  If no crashes, then return the scenery.cfg back. 

You can try another undocumented procedure that has fixed freezes for many others and the solution is not in the AVSIM CTD Guide (yet).  Goto Tweaking.com and download Windows repair.  It is a freeware program.  It was developed by Microsoft techs.  It will put your system into safe mode and then run a series of checks and, when it finds a problem, it will fix it.  It could be permission issues.  For instance, a software program may have allowed you to run a program, an FSX addon but another addon did not allow you to run the program.  Result:  Freeze or crash.  So you should at least try it and see if this fixes your issue(s).  It does absolutely no harm to your Windows installation or your FSX or any other applications installation except it fixes issues that could cause a program not to work properly.

Best regards,

Jim

After having tried most of the tips of the AVSIM CTD Guide , and they proved very helpful indeed, I did  something that eventually   prevented FSX  from crashing , I have not had a single crash  up to now. I have to share this with you guys who face this FSX freeze during flight problem . Well, I opened    Windows Task Manager  , after having loaded FSx  of course, I clicked on the Process Tab, then click on "show process from all users" , which is located down left , on process tab right-click on  fsx.exe and set priority to HIGH and you are done . But every  time you load FSX this setting comes back to normal, and your priority chosen to HIGH is undone. To fix this , download a program named PRIO , PRIO saves your priority arrangement. I hope this helps someone.