Sign in to follow this  
FlyIce

Problem to display 2D panels on the 2nd monitor

Last night I had a blast flying XP11 on my big projector screen. The trouble is that when I select the 2nd monitor for displaying 2D panel it just showed a blank panel board of about 1/4 screen size. This happens to C172 and Cirrus Jet (haven't tried other planes yet). If I chose Forward Views it shows on 2nd monitor just fine.

Anyone has the success of having panels on a 2nd monitor? To me this is critical as I want a clean forward view on the big screen and instrument on the 2nd small screen. I can do this relatively easy with most planes in P3D. For XP11, do I have to use 3rd party software to show instrument panel on a separate monitor?

Also, TrackIR works fine inforward view with cockpit. However, once I remove the cockpit the forward view become fixed and won't follow TrackIR. Is there a easy way to enable TrackIR? Again, I can do this in P3D and really like it. 

Overall I began to really love XP11 more and more. Compared to P3D, the scenery in XP11 just feels right, although it's in bad need for a lot of touch ups and tweaks. Scenery in P3D on the other hand can look nice and well polished, but it feels fundamentally fake and artificial only to be compensated by many layers of makeups. I don't know exactly why I got this impression, maybe it is the lighting in XP11 that just looks nature. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Also, TrackIR works fine inforward view with cockpit. However, once I remove the cockpit the forward view become fixed and won't follow TrackIR. Is there a easy way to enable TrackIR? Again, I can do this in P3D and really like it.

This is how X-Plane works, in that the so called "forward view" is fixed.

You could try X-Camera and see if it allows what you want:

https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/x-camera/

If it is not possible even with X-Camera, there's another way to get what you want (i.e. no virtual cockpit and a moving view with TrackIR), but it must be done on a per-aircraft basis.

You should open the aircraft in Plane-Maker, then go to the Standard- > Viewpoint- > Cockpit menu, and uncheck the two entries named "3-d cockpit view" (one related to "show cocpit object in..." and the other to "show exterior aircraft structure and props in...")

This way, the virtual cockpit (and the aircraft exteriors) will be invisible when you're in the "virtual cockpit" view allowing you to use TrackIR with no Virtual Cockpit visible.

However, you cannot have both at the same time for the same aircraft, that is virtual cockpit and no-virtual cockpit both working with TrackIR.

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

To add to Murmur's reply: if X-Camera doesn't currently help you, I highly suggest contacting the plugin author with your request. He has recently requested feedback for the next version (2.2) on the org forums and is generally open to suggestions like this.

• Upvote 1

Thank you guys. I'll try those things you suggested. I‘m new to XP11, but so far the experience is great. 

Any suggestion about the best approach to have a 2nd monitor dedicated to penal display in XP11? 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11