Sign in to follow this  
danielalencar737

Graphic card doesn't appear

Hi BaldyB,

I've thought about doing it, as a laptop is very constraining.  I do have considerable, albeit very old, experience in electronics and electronic repair, and in a sense current computer building is much simpler -- just plug in the various boards in the correct slots (with plastic protectors removed!).  But I'm afraid it would take me weeks of often-frustrating configuration work.  I spend too much time as it is tweaking rather than flying.

Mike

Mike. It takes longer to buy/gather the parts even from amazon or who ever. Takes me about 1-1.5 hours. In fact the longest aspect time wise is installing the OS and the rest of the apps. you like. You may spend one evening to install and you may spend a few minutes updating drivers etc. You discover a few things over the course of a few days. But, who on this earth never has to maintain any thing they own?

Never forgot when FS9 was going strong. Build a computer with Dual FX-57's with 16 GB of memory, dual NVidia 6800 GT or whatever video cards. It was L1N64-SLI WS motherboard. Was driving around all over the world with My PMDG 747v1 @ 100 FPS. My only problem was it sounded just like the 747, hell you didn't need a sound card. It was just too loud! Still have it, now we have closed loop water cooling like I use now with a BIG radiator and 4 140mm fans that are pretty quiet. Some day when I have the time and a few parts laying around I'm gonna hook it up again, just for kicks.

Good luck BaldyB