Sign in to follow this  
Swe_Richard

Axis issues continue to haunt.

Hello guys and gals!

Using beta 1 I was unable to get the throttle axis to move if I just set it to "Throttle". Setting it to "throttle1" it worked but obviously ruined the day when flying multi-engined aircraft. The fix to this was easy and elegant: edit the preferences ("_joy_AXIS_use") set all of those values to 0, recalibrate and then you were good to go; "Throttle" worked. 

The beta 2 reset all of this and I'm trying this trick again but this time around it doesn't work. Having a look at the controller settings I notice something odd: I have three controllers connected to the computer: Rudder pedals, Yoke and throttle quadrant (the throttle quandrant is connected via USB-hub in the yoke). The Yoke has five axis according to the settings menu; three of them are unresponsive (guess that could be the quadrant) and the other two are obviously roll and pitch. The settings for the quadrant all work well, the axis are responsive (but don't work in-sim). 

Ive tried just about everything at this point. Switched USB ports. Set the throtthe quadrant to its own USB. Nothing makes a difference. It just refuses to work. It is incredibly frustrating. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can do?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am having similar problems and have submitted a bug for it. For me it is totally unusable at the moment. I am keenly waiting for Beta 3 which I see is due out very soon.

You could try deleting the contents of the output/preferences folder. I would do the same, but have too many buttons and controls to setup. Very time consuming so am waiting for PB3.

UPDATE:

Well. Sometimes I just feel like a clown. Now is one of those times. I found a solution that works for me. Remember how I told you I had five axis on the yoke? Turns out that there is this nifty little drop-down menu on the settings panel for the yoke. There I find *drumroll* a throttle quadrant. That doesn't respond to the axis, however they are assigned to throttle, mixture and prop. 

Now. I wonder what will happen if I set these axis to "nothing" instead as I've already configured the quadrant separately..?

It works. That happens.  :fool: