Sign in to follow this  
raymondb

525A Citation CJ2 Navigation Database will not load

I recently purchased the 525A but I can't get the FMS database to load. Reading through the forums it appears that this is a known problem but nothing works. I have opened a ticket with Carenado but I have not received a response three days later. There are two errors that appears during the install.....

**Error object reference not set to an instance of an object

**Access to the path c:\users\name\appdata\roaming is denied

I am trying to install to the Steam edition of FSX and did all the pointing to the correct FSX folder. The aircraft loads fine its just the nav database is blank. The progress is stuck on 0 percent. This addon was specifically purchased because of the FMC capability and its upgradable database with a Navigraph subscription.

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I just watched the Navigraph newest cycle update when I loaded (selected) the CJ2 in FSX and P3D yesterday.

It takes several minutes for it to update and may appear to be "stuck" on a % while updating.

If you switch to the 2D cockpit you can watch the update progress.

Note: I do not use the FSX Steam version. I run FSX as Admin. virus checker excludes the FSX folder.

Did you test the aircraft when first installed .. with the default FMS database?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I never got it to load from the first installation. I have flown the AC but without the use of the FMC database. I got a generic response from Carenado saying its a permission issue and to check out the Knowledge base for a work around  but I was unsuccessful so far. I am going to try to add the GTN 750 mod that was done by the forum members and hopefully I will be able to use the AC.

Thanks for the response.

Regards.

I never got it to load from the first installation. I have flown the AC but without the use of the FMC database. I got a generic response from Carenado saying its a permission issue and to check out the Knowledge base for a work around  but I was unsuccessful so far. I am going to try to add the GTN 750 mod that was done by the forum members and hopefully I will be able to use the AC.

Thanks for the response.

Regards.

If your Carenado Navdata database is not loading, IMO,  you have bad bad CJ2 installation and or permissions problems.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW