Sign in to follow this  
vector

Carenado C206 Stationair problem

I've reinstalled this aircraft after many moons of not using it only to find that the "fx_C206engstrt.fx" file is missing.  I've done another install to no effect.  Although I have a valid receipt for this aircraft it's not listed as a purchase in my account at Carenado so I can't download it again.  Does anyone else have this problem?  If not would anyone be willing to help me out with a copy via a PM?

Many thanks.

Dijvid

PM sent...

:smile:

EDIT: After looking at my C-206 and my main Effects Folder, I find that I don't have that File, either...

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

PM sent...

:smile:

EDIT: After looking at my C-206 and my main Effects Folder, I find that I don't have that File, either...

Well, at least I'm not alone!!  I guess I can either contact Carenado now or else take the start up effect from another a/c and make whatever alterations are necessary to fit with the C206.

Dijvid

Right!  Just taken the engine start effect from the Dreamfleet Bonanza and it works a treat without any alterations.

Dijvid

Can't you use your original activation code to directly download a replacement installation from Carenado or the vendor you bought the aircraft from?  I think you are allowed at least three fresh downloads.

OK. You're gonna love this, but... this Effect is the Start effect, right? Where you start the Mill, and that 'puff' of exhaust comes out when the Mill catches?

BTW... I re-opened my Original .exe to a Temp Folder, and the Effect isn't there.

So, if you found another Effect form a different Airplane and got it to work... how did 'ya do it, Dijvid? :help:

Alan   santa.gif

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

You need to either:

1. edit the aircraft.cfg file, and change the line "startup=fx_c206engstrt" to use a different effect file

or

2. Just make a copy of any suitable startup effect (in the FS9\Effects) folder and rename it to "fx_c206engstrt.fx"

The second is the easy option.

Graeme Butler

So, if you found another Effect form a different Airplane and got it to work... how did 'ya do it, Dijvid? :help:

Alan   santa.gif

I just opened the aircraft.cfg file for the Bonanza, found the entry for the engine startup effect, copied it and then pasted it into the relevant place in the Stationair's aircraft.cfg file.  That's all.  As luck would have it I didn't have to tweak the effect as the puff of smoke came right out of the exhaust pipes on the Stationair as, indeed, it should!!

So, Ho Ho Ho!!

Dijvid

Can't you use your original activation code to directly download a replacement installation from Carenado or the vendor you bought the aircraft from?  I think you are allowed at least three fresh downloads.

I could except for the fact that, as I said in my original post, although I have a valid receipt for the purchase of the Stationair it doesn't appear in my account so I can't d/l it again.  I can't be bothered to sort this out with Carenado as I won't be buying again from them.  Anyway, as you'll see from another of my posts here I have managed to solve the problem another way.

Dijvid

EUREKA!  :dance:

Thanks, Graeme & Dijvid! I thought it might have been some convoluted, major Process to make it work!

I will try that, and see how it works!

Cheers!

Alan   santa.gif

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg