Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

Can't complete a single flight with a CTD too

..a day without CTD is not a day ......  :dance:  

Can't complete a single flight without CTD and each time I get a different *.dll message ... didn't, even, know there are so many *.dll files ...lol

Thought SE will do a better job handling FSX ... but was wrong ... maybe it's time to quit or try X-Plane.

Cheers

Yair        

You need to provide a crash report (see AVSIM CTD Guide) and/or Event Viewer report.  FSX, whether using the Steam version or the P3D version is an old software engine and will not run properly with max settings and incompatible add-ons made for previous versions of the program.  So X-Plane is probably a better choice.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim and tnx for your prompt response.

As mentioned, FSX-SE with only FTX SoCa, minimum tweaking, 2 Coranado Bird, nothing else, keep crashing over and over again, and every time with a different *.dll, I already re-installed both the OS & FSX-SE few times . & still no luck .... just got feed-up at this point, will wait for X-Plane 11 to come out, & if this doesn't work, I'll join the local Senior Citizen Knitting Club .... :dance: 

Bless

Yair    

if this doesn't work, I'll join the local Senior Citizen Knitting Club

:lol:  A lot of our past members have already joined.  Configuring FSX or any simulator takes time and patience.  AVSIM has an FSX Configuration Guide that works for most.  The AVSIM CTD Guide helps resolve many crashes but not all.  Computer systems are just configured differently and many members lack the expertise to resolve or repair their computer system so their application works.  This is why I decided to create the CTD Guide.  It has a lot of suggestions on looking for problems and getting them fixed.  But FSX is old software trying to run in modern computer systems.  If the FSX developers were still able to modify and update it, it might work better for many but Microsoft will not allow that to happen.  Still it runs pretty good considering it was developed in 2006 and some of the components even earlier than that!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

.. I understand all of it Jim, & I think the AVSIM Community is a wonderful place with devoted people like you, needles to say that we, sort of speak, totally depending guys like you .

My first  encounter with FSX was in 2000 & as soon as MS came out with FSX I rushed to get it.

My system is not new, & I'm fully aware of its limitations  (I'm A+ computer tech thus punting together a functional Rig is not the issue here), when it comes to software, I'm very very conservative and as mentioned, other than FTX ORBX SoCal, all remain "Stock" out off the box with Min tweaking ..I have been following yours, as well as other experts advises, and no matter what I did or do this thing is very unstable & keep crushing over and over again ..... nothing but frustration.. so, I guess the next move is waiting for X-Plane to come out with their 11 version, or for P3D to get us the 64 Bit version. in both scenarios I'll have to consider a substantial investment Hardware wise.

Wishing you a wonderful Sim year ahead

and thank you so much for all your contribution to this wonderful community. 

Yair

Irvine CA

BTW

I don't know if I should find a comfort, but I have to admit that all my HW Modules ,and I got quite few of them, are functioning very well  .... LOL   

Thanks for your kind comments. 

As you know, P3D is FSX and Lockheed will have some limits on what they can do.  Of course, they can go to 64 bit and then to 128 bit and that might fix, say, running out of memory errors but it won't stop the crashes/freezes.  For instance, if you have your system overclocked and the CPU voltage is too high or too low, FSX and P3D will crash.  Not the fault of the applications other than they use a massive amount of CPU resources and the faster your computer, the more that is thrown at your CPU, and, if the voltages or BIOS settings are not perfect, you'll see an occasional crash.  Still, like you, we all have hope things will get better with continue updates and the release of even more powerful computer systems (I'm getting ready to build an i7 7700K system to replace my really old 3 year old i7 4770K system).

Merry Christmas to ya in California!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM