Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

If you migrated from FSX, you may be able to help me

Hello all FSX "Immigrants" 

It is my first encounter with X-Plane, I Installed the Demo version of X-Plane 11

Looking to assign some buttons and switches to my Hardware:

• Can't find the Parking Brakes command ?
  •  
  • I see all the command for the G430 & G1000, but the default GPS is the G530 so where are all the commands keys fort this one ?
  • The swapping between the different view categories command, in FSX it is defaulted to the red button on the Saitek Pro-Yoke, anything like this in XP11 ?
  • The A Command/Key in FSX , ?    

Thanks in advance 

Yair 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can assign virtually anything to keyboard and control buttons. Simply click Settings, then look under either the Keyboard or Joystick/Controller (not at my XP rig now, so cannot check naming) tab and change to your heart's content. Use the Search function: if memory serves top right text field in Settings window. 

Move your viewpoint with arrow + comma and period keys (I mapped mine so that Page Up and Page Down moves me vertically) then press Control+a NumPad number. Thereafter simply click the designated NumPad number to float to that (VC) view. Again, much like EzDok in FSX, only built into X-Plane. 

I'm also new from FSX, and find out-the-box X-Plane not unlike FSUIPC (not quite, but close enough). 

..I see, tnx ... after so long with FSX, it will take sometime to find all those Keys and to get use to them ... lucky this Sim is user Friendly, I'm in a process of setting up my Controllers (GF, Vrinsight, Saiteke Etrc) .

now, since you ,already, responded to my inquiry, I 'll take the freedom to add 2 more questions:

Where you able to Map the G530 ?

Have any idea how to distribute the Sound between external and internal speakers, I don'e want to think that XP doesn't give you the option to do so

Have a wonderful Sim weekend ahead

Yair