Sign in to follow this  

Hello All,

I got nice results for daytime, but during nighttime the textures of addon airports (like KIAH FSDT) become too bright (the lit walls of the terminals, mainly). Even the lit pavement depicts color aberrations.

Can I solve this kind of issue without having to change the daytime settings? Is there a special flag or something (maybe postprocessing) to signalize the shaders to behave this way or another?

Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello All,

I got nice results for daytime, but during nighttime the textures of addon airports (like KIAH FSDT) become too bright (the lit walls of the terminals, mainly). Even the lit pavement depicts color aberrations.

Can I solve this kind of issue without having to change the daytime settings? Is there a special flag or something (maybe postprocessing) to signalize the shaders to behave this way or another?

Thanks!

There are a couple settings related to the moon and another for autogen emissive light.  You might try turning them down.  I have yet to get my settings adjusted as well as I had them in 1.x. 

There are a couple settings related to the moon and another for autogen emissive light.  You might try turning them down.  I have yet to get my settings adjusted as well as I had them in 1.x. 

Thanks for your suggestions, but I had tried them to no avail. They don't influence the brightness of the terminal buildings in this case.

There are 2 things I did that diminished the issue, though. FIrst I lowered the value of TONEMAP (night) inside Prepar3D.CFG and then I changed some values within DPX postprocessing of PTA 2. It reduced the amount of brightness of the terminal buildings, but the problem with this approach is that it messes up the cockpit brightness and colors as well. It's not too bad, but I feel it could improve for sure!