Sign in to follow this  
ganter

Cockpit shadows...almost...

Hi Steve,

I'm flying the new A320X by FSL. All looks really good in DX10 with your Fixer.

However, I have cockpit shadows falling over surfaces - panels/ bulkheads/ seats, etc except for small 3d knobs, gear lever,  switches, etc.

Anything I can do in the Fixer to rectify this. 

Many thanks,

jim

I should add that my other A/C display these - PMDG, Alabeo, etc

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Your question isn't entirely clear to me whether its shadows not being cast or shadows not being shown

Shadows are shown based on the material settings in the model.  Generally transparency is the thing that stops them being shown on a surface

Similarly the items that cast shadows are also determined by the material settings.   Transparency and the No Shadow property prevent an object casting shadows - also normal pointing away.

So no there is nothing you can change in the fixer (other than ensuring  Fix VC Walls is set)

Your question isn't entirely clear to me whether its shadows not being cast or shadows not being shown

Shadows are shown based on the material settings in the model. Generally transparency is the thing that stops them being shown on a surface

Similarly the items that cast shadows are also determined by the material settings. Transparency and the No Shadow property prevent an object casting shadows - also normal pointing away.

So no there is nothing you can change in the fixer (other than ensuring Fix VC Walls is set)

Thanks,

l'll grab a couple of screen shots to show Steve.