Sign in to follow this  
jelder

Disabling duplicate scenery

These are the directions from Sim Heaven site: 

"Please use only one version of w2xp/osm sceneries: normal, osm or your own mixed version. Disable other versions you don’t need. Otherwise you’ll get incredible loading times. Disable also all other OSM sceneries. I’ve seen users having six nearly same sceneries installed and complained about loading times. 😉"

I am using Ortho4xp produced ortho tiles, with overlays and w2xp.  Does this mean that I should disable (rename) or delete the same tiles from the Global Scenery folder and also the the HD Mesh v3 files for the regions that I have ortho4xp tiles?

Example:

I have produced area zOrtho4XP_+37-122 with a +37-122.dsf file inside the earth nav data subfolder of that directory.  There is also a similiar file in the earthnav data file in my zzz_hd_global_scenery3 folder and also in my Global Scenery file.  If I disable those files will reduce my load times?

Thanks for the clarification.

Jim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

These are the directions from Sim Heaven site: 

"Please use only one version of w2xp/osm sceneries: normal, osm or your own mixed version. Disable other versions you don’t need. Otherwise you’ll get incredible loading times. Disable also all other OSM sceneries. I’ve seen users having six nearly same sceneries installed and complained about loading times.

No, this a totally different issue. There can be multiple w2xp/osm sceneries be active at the same time, sotherer objects have to be loaded and multiple objects can be drawn inside each other.

But there is ALWAYS only one mesh active per location, all lower placed meshes of this location are ignored