Sign in to follow this  
a2ronron

no jetway !

Why am I no longer offered large/heavy gate with a jetway. Since I downloaded ftx global vector a few days ago I can not get a large /heavy gate with a jetway at any free airports. When I am parked at any of the free airports I can see nearby gates with operating jetways. What is going on here , is there a SIMPLE fix for this. Like everyone else I love the eye candy you get with orbx. I would like a method of communicating with the manufacturer rather than this posting on a forum where they MIGHT see my problem. It is like having a problem with a brand new car and then moaning about it down the pub hoping that one of the salesmen use the same pub.   Regards all ,  a2ronron

You might want to check the settings in your flight sim (FSX or P3D).  In order to have jetways at all gate positions, the special effects detail needs to be set at maximum.

Stephen Forsgren

You might want to check the settings in your flight sim (FSX or P3D). In order to have jetways at all gate positions, the special effects detail needs to be set at maximum.

The special effects slider doesn't control jetways, the Scenery Complexity slider is what controls whether the jetways are visible or not. The lower or farther left the Scnery Complexity slider is, the less airport object will be visible. However not all terminals at all airports have jetways and not all of them are controlled by making adjustments to the Scenery Complexity slider, sometimes it depends on how the developer designed the scenery.

Generally speaking though, freeware airports or default airports that have jetways, those are controlled by the Scenery Complexity slider. But you can always edit the AFCAD to make the jetways visible at all Scenery Complexity levels.

Just to clear that up and avoid any confusion.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator