Sign in to follow this  

Dear All,

I've been running FSX with a bunch of addons with an HP Laptop with i7 4700mq for some time, but I've finally grown tired of lack of performance and I'm looking to get a new desktop, probably solely for FSX and using my current laptop for everything else. I have a budget of around £1000-£1400, and am looking for some advice.

I've looked at purchasing from Chillblast and there seem to be two options for me;

Fusion Hurricane 5 - https://www.chillblast.com/chillblast-fusion-hurricane-5-flight-sim-pc.html?category_id=417

or

Fusion Status 2 - https://www.chillblast.com/chillblast-fusion-stratus-2-flight-sim-pc-designed-by-matt-davies.html?category_id=417

I like the idea of the overclocked CPU on the FH5, but the 6GB GPU and the 1TB SSHD of the FS2.

If I re-configure the FH5 with the higher memory GPU and the SSHD  it still comes out cheaper that the FS2.

I guess i am asking a few questions;

i) Does anyone have any experience of Chillblast?

ii) Does anyone have any experience of these particular models?

iii) If i were to just change these things would there be anything else I would have to change? (I'm rather suspicious of the fact that if I       just reconfigure the FS2 to include overclocking it is more expensive than doing by changing the GPU and drive on the FH5)

iv) Is it worth spending an extra £133 for the i7 - 7700k (the default for both is the i5-7600k)

If anyone could offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated, though I appreciate this wold involve maybe having to and play around with re-configuring of these desktops.

Thanks,

Andrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!