Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

X-Plane 11 product page on Steam

Steam is a reliable game platform with a lot of content servers to download updates and games too at maximum speed, something that individual developers sometimes are not able to do. It also let you chat with your friends while being in game, or do other things like streaming and so on.

And it also offered in the past discounts on XP10, something i think never happened on the LR site i think?

Another plus side to getting it through Steam is that you can use their backup feature to store all game files locally. If you have terrible internet access (like I do  :mad: ) you can store a local copy of the files in one nice compressed file and backup at any time with out any use of your internet access. Last I tried that with the Laminar installer by just saving a complete install locally and moving it over after a reformat, it refused to simply reinstall from those files and instead insisted on redownloading everything.

For those of you with modern internet this probably seems pointless, but when you're stuck with 3mb internet with a sim that can be 90gb+ it's really important.

it refused to simply reinstall from those files and instead insisted on redownloading everything.

Sounds like you did something wrong because the installer should just download what you need.

Sounds like you did something wrong because the installer should just download what you need.

It might if you're on the same Windows install where X-Plane already has all its registry info (activation, install path, etc) already stored, but if you just pull the folder back onto the drive in a *fresh* install of Windows, the installer just assumes X-Plane isn't installed and starts downloading files even when pointing it to the same folder.